• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - NC State Sunday February 24 6 pm - ESPNU

So Lil Chill just gave me a basketball first. I've never seen anyone shoot the ball over the backboard. That. Was. Awesome.

Pretty sure Tony Rutland did that once while going out of bounds. Slight difference though; his actually went in for 2 points.

Pretty sure Tony Rutland did that once while going out of bounds. Slight difference though; his actually went in for 2 points.

I believe Rutland did do that. The good ol’ days with capable players and a competent coach.

if my memory serves me right, it was at the end of first half against UNC in 1996. the larue dunk game

I was thinking vs. UNC as well. IIRC, there was a lot of discussion afterwards as to whether it should have been declared a basket or not; came down to whether or not it went over the top of the backboard or from the side.

if my memory serves me right, it was at the end of first half against UNC in 1996. the larue dunk game

I was there too. It was definitely a regular season game against UNC in the Joel. '96 sounds right. What made it even more awesome was that I'm pretty sure it came after an inbounds steal following a three by Wake. We were up big. The place went nuts when Rutland hit that shot.

I was there too. It was definitely a regular season game against UNC in the Joel. '96 sounds right. What made it even more awesome was that I'm pretty sure it came after an inbounds steal following a three by Wake. We were up big. The place went nuts when Rutland hit that shot.

Was it the game where we were up on the holes by 28 at halftime!

Pretty much everything went right that game. Good times!

I think Rutland actually made that shot twice during that season, one was definitely against the tar holes right before half and I can’t remember the specifics of the second... perhaps in acc tourney against ga tech as previously mentioned

I think Rutland actually made that shot twice during that season, one was definitely against the tar holes right before half and I can’t remember the specifics of the second... perhaps in acc tourney against ga tech as previously mentioned

The shot against UNC going into half was awesome. I'll never forget that moment.

yep. he hit a three then stole the inbounds and drained the shot.

Back