• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

For Dave Clawson it all Starts on the DL

Lectro

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
On the cusp of opening 2019’s campaign “who out here sees what?”. As most everyone knows by now DC sees this as the linchpin position group in terms of potential success in league play.

What of youth,experience-reps,potential,upside and down..even a little wishful thinking is encouraged or why would I have started this thread in the first place? :)

On that last note..no need to mention potential injury.We’ve covered that,eh?

So then,let’s hear some good old random and un-informed speculation..what do you see?

I don’t see our DL group as a strength of the team IMO. Last season we rarely pressured the QBs, however did decent against the run. I believe we lose a few on the line from last year, so unless the backups pick it up and improve from the starters, I don’t see our DL being any higher than low to mid tier in the ACC this upcoming season. I still think there is a gap in talent as far as DT recruiting. At DE, however, the recruiting has been picking up and we have tons of young talent at the position. The future is bright, but I just don’t see the DL being anything other than adequate to average for next season.

I really like the relentless optimism of football lectro but then i remember deranged tunnels Lectro and the whole thing is ruined.

I expect we will see some interesting combo’s where in passing situations the DL will load up with DE’s playing dual roles.

I think a situational front 4 of Allen,Basham,Bothroyd,Walker is a setup we will see on occasion.

Back