• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Miami Hurricanes Round 2 - Tuesday 7 pm - Regional Sports Network

I've been around since the early 90s, at what point did fans start calling it "the Joel?" All me, and fellow classmates, called it the Coliseum and actually still do to this day? Is it a play on "the Joe" for the old Joe Louis Arena in Detroit?

7Ace.gif

Last edited:
If somebody referred to the Coliseum 20 years ago, I would have thought they were talking about Greensboro.

I've only ever heard it called The Joel or the LJVM. I think almost everyone in Winston would think Greensboro if someone said the Coliseum.

I've only ever heard it called The Joel or the LJVM. I think almost everyone in Winston would think Greensboro if someone said the Coliseum.
Can confirm as someone who grew up in the area, was at the Joel on opening night and attended a bunch of ACC tournaments in Greensboro.

Miami is 0-7 in road games. Manning’s best chance at grabbing a final career coaching victory

Watching (unfortunately) and have the Deacs with a close win!

Go Deacs!

Watching the scoreboard continue to be wrong is the most fun I’ve had watching WFU basketball in years.

It’s always been the joel

And

Wtf is score. Who’s running the graphics

13-8, largest lead for the Deacs in first 7 minutes in a while

Back