• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Miami Hurricanes Round 2 - Tuesday 7 pm - Regional Sports Network

I’d be surprised if we won any of the remaining regular season games but the first round of the ACCT is on a Tuesday.

This game should in NO WAY affect the decision on Manning. The decision should have been made after the Houston Baptist and Gardner Webb games as well as some embarrassingly pitiful drubbings at the hands of most ACC teams. Yeah we beat Miami, Pitt, and ND (who are horrible) but State is the only win against at least a middling level team and they are barely that

And even in the games we have won, it's been a case of 2 bad teams playing bad basketball. Not exactly "must see" entertainment.

And even in the games we have won, it's been a case of 2 bad teams playing bad basketball. Not exactly "must see" entertainment.

Last night's game was like two completely untrained midgets going at each other in a multi-round MMA match. They got to the like the 4th round and one made a few mistakes and the other just started flailing (but still making a bunch of mistakes) until the bell rang and came out on top at the last second.

Can't believe Larranaga coughed it up.

Probably a 20 win team with any coach. It’s the main reason I’m ready for a change. Those guys didn’t just happen to leave in a vacuum, Crawford and Moore especially. Experienced leaders just quit on their senior year with a 5* recruit coming in. That’s real bad.

Exactly.

Probably a 20 win team with any coach. It’s the main reason I’m ready for a change. Those guys didn’t just happen to leave in a vacuum, Crawford and Moore especially. Experienced leaders just quit on their senior year with a 5* recruit coming in. That’s real bad.

Good post. I’m sick of the narrative pushed by Manning and the AD that losing players to the pros is making things tough for us. It’s not like they left for the lottery. Players are leaving because they want to get away.

I’d be surprised if we won any of the remaining regular season games but the first round of the ACCT is on a Tuesday.

There's still a lot to shake out, but it looks like we're headed for the #13 seed. We own the tie-breaker against both Notre Dame and Pittsburgh if they get to 4 wins (Notre Dame will probably get there, Pitt will probably end at only 2 or 3). Miami will probably end with 5 wins, either GaTech or Boston College has to end with 5+ wins since they play each other, and we would drop the tie-break against both GT and BC.

The #12 vs. #13 game is a tough time slot - the first game of the tournament at 12pm on Tuesday (ESPN2), but I could see us advancing to Wednesday by beating a 12-seeded Miami/Georgia Tech/Boston College. THE EXCITEMENT OF ADVANCING TO THE ROUND OF 12!!

I watched the second half till Mucius threw the ball out of bounds off Johnson's hands with 2:04 left and down 8 points. Switched back to the Va Tech/Duke game at that point. Not ashamed.

Wake tried to lose and Miami refused to win.

Last night's game was like two completely untrained midgets going at each other in a multi-round MMA match. They got to the like the 4th round and one made a few mistakes and the other just started flailing (but still making a bunch of mistakes) until the bell rang and came out on top at the last second.

Can't believe Larranaga coughed it up.

I recall thinking he needed a timeout but don't think he called one until late.

There's still a lot to shake out, but it looks like we're headed for the #13 seed. We own the tie-breaker against both Notre Dame and Pittsburgh if they get to 4 wins (Notre Dame will probably get there, Pitt will probably end at only 2 or 3). Miami will probably end with 5 wins, either GaTech or Boston College has to end with 5+ wins since they play each other, and we would drop the tie-break against both GT and BC.

The #12 vs. #13 game is a tough time slot - the first game of the tournament at 12pm on Tuesday (ESPN2), but I could see us advancing to Wednesday by beating a 12-seeded Miami/Georgia Tech/Boston College. THE EXCITEMENT OF ADVANCING TO THE ROUND OF 12!!

I can already visualize the breathless Deacon Club email the next morning.

Wake tried to lose and Miami refused to win.

It was totally unclear what Miami was trying to do on offense the last 25 seconds. Brandon played great defense on Lykes during that time. Miami's plan seemed to to have Lykes make a play to win the game. Miami didn't seem to have any other options in their planning.

It was totally unclear what Miami was trying to do on offense the last 25 seconds. Brandon played great defense on Lykes during that time. Miami's plan seemed to to have Lykes make a play to win the game. Miami didn't seem to have any other options in their planning.

I was sure we would end up committing a really dumb foul with like 7 seconds or so left. Something like a guy blatantly grabbing a guy going around a screen. Or of course Lykes blazing by two defenders and getting fouled on the way to the basket. Props to the team for not allowing him to drive at all.

Pathetic last possession by Miami. They even had a timeout left, should have called it when they were going nowhere with 7 seconds left.

Lykes had been getting past the first defender at will with that fake crossover move - Brandon jumped it perfectly and it totally disrupted him. Suddenly he was wrong-footed and had to throw it backwards, basically ruined the possession. He should have called timeout right when it happened but he panicked. Just a great pair of possessions by Brandon on both ends.

I like how you're thinking.
Could be a major upset in the making.

I may be mis-remembering, but in the mid 70's, wasn't UVA the bottom seed in the ACC tournament and ended up winning it all. That's when they had Gus Gerard and Wally Walker. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I like how you're thinking.
Could be a major upset in the making.

I may be mis-remembering, but in the mid 70's, wasn't UVA the bottom seed in the ACC tournament and ended up winning it all. That's when they had Gus Gerard and Wally Walker. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

nah, you're wrong - they were the #6 seed

smilin' Dan Bonner had graduated the previous year

Back