• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Wake Spring Football

I wonder how this came to be. Does ESPN have the power? The ACC? The two programs?

Or in the more likely scenario...Did unc kindly ask our AD/Hatch for the move and we kindly obliged?

The new ACC Network needs programming.

The Big 10 Basketball schedule has been completely haphazard for a few years as the Big 10 Network needs games in prime time every day of the week. So, teams play Friday/Monday basketball schedules. It's has been that way in the ACC, but it's about to get even more spaced out so that there's something on everyday.

The new ACC Network needs programming.

The Big 10 Basketball schedule has been completely haphazard for a few years as the Big 10 Network needs games in prime time every day of the week. So, teams play Friday/Monday basketball schedules. It's has been that way in the ACC, but it's about to get even more spaced out so that there's something on everyday.

This doesn't seem to have been an ACCN thing though, game was always slated for ESPN and 6 PM Friday starts are not at all the norm. My best guess is the Tar Heels bitched about having to play two conference opponents (if not conference games!) in such a small time period

This doesn't seem to have been an ACCN thing though, game was always slated for ESPN and 6 PM Friday starts are not at all the norm. My best guess is the Tar Heels bitched about having to play two conference opponents (if not conference games!) in such a small time period

Seems like it. Whiny bitch Mack Brown, keep cheating on the recruiting trail you low class has been!

There's no way 6 PM on a Fri is better than 7:30 Thurs though -- if it was ESPN would regularly schedule games in that slot.

Wonder if it being originally the same day as the Panthers Thurs nighter factors in at all

There's no way 6 PM on a Fri is better than 7:30 Thurs though -- if it was ESPN would regularly schedule games in that slot.

Wonder if it being originally the same day as the Panthers Thurs nighter factors in at all

Probably did. Maybe Wake-State last year got lower ratings up against the Panthers on TNF.

Or they have another game that's going in that slot. The ACC doesn't dictate to ESPN when the games are played it's the other way around

Right, so presumably ESPN woulda picked this to be a Thurs game when the schedule first came out for that slot.

Maybe a game surprisingly came avail to put in the Thurs slot instead of ours, that was one thought that occurred to me. Guess we'll see once everything is announced, which should be soon

I consider the State win last year to be Clawson's biggest upset at Wake, and Newman won it for him.

And I was there wearing my WF gold gear amongst a sea of black clad wolpfackers?! Go figure....

Maybe we taught them a lesson not to wear our uni colors. :thumbsup:

With travel and time off work for Friday games, our group will be giving up season tickets for the first time in decades. It is a new century! If TV does not care about Mack Brownie, they certainly don't care about me being in my seat unless it is front of the TV which I guess they care something about. I will have much better and cheaper food and beverage options. Nicer restroom facilities too. Maybe this is a win after all. :)

Back