• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Wake Spring Football

A b c should be a toss-up game. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if Syracuse came back to earth some

I don't get why people are so quick to write off Scotty Washington. I get he's had some big drops and has fought the injury bug, but he looked like an All-ACC receiver in the last ~5 games of the 2017 season. We still have so many weapons at receiver, albeit no sure-fire stars.

As to the D Line conversation, Hemphill said in this podcast http://grailsports.com/listens/lyle-hemphill-wake-forest-defensive-coordinator/
that the D Line will not be big but they can run and will be aggressive. Also, Clawson has said that the DE and DT positions are very interchangeable which is why we say Yarbary at DE many times and Ejiofor and Boogie sliding to the inside.

Hemphill uses a lot of Elko's principals from their days together at Hofstra (Cohen was head coach) and he mentioned that Santucci also got experience with Elko at Notre Dame, at Wake and he played for Hemphill at Stony Brook. I am hoping the D will play better than expectations as they did against NCSU and Duke with the Pitt game in between being an exception rather than the norm.

I don't get why people are so quick to write off Scotty Washington. I get he's had some big drops and has fought the injury bug, but he looked like an All-ACC receiver in the last ~5 games of the 2017 season. We still have so many weapons at receiver, albeit no sure-fire stars.

I wouldn't write him off; but he is not dependable. When he is good, he is very good. However, for various reasons he tends to disappear. This explains why we will miss Bachman so much. He was amazingly dependable.

I am hoping the D will play better than expectations as they did against NCSU and Duke with the Pitt game in between being an exception rather than the norm.

Defense was on the field too long against Pitt.

Pitt was en freakin' fuego at that point, especially running the ball. Seems like we understandably dared Pickett to beat us through the air and he duly obliged

Which bowl ?

(Hint: It's on Line 5 or Line 6)

(Second Hint: It's not the Belk Bowl or the Birmingham Bowl)

D7RqENeWwAIb5-O.jpg:large

Nice of you to commit to visiting Detroit this December.

I do think that the schedule sets up this year that there is a chance that we could have one of those memorable nine or ten win seasons.

Biff likes to mock bowls as exhibition games, but how dare you insult the Dawgs Spring Game !

They had announcers and celebs as referees this year. Pretty cool. I've never seen Marty Smith work so hard.

As to the D Line conversation, Hemphill said in this podcast http://grailsports.com/listens/lyle-hemphill-wake-forest-defensive-coordinator/
that the D Line will not be big but they can run and will be aggressive. Also, Clawson has said that the DE and DT positions are very interchangeable which is why we say Yarbary at DE many times and Ejiofor and Boogie sliding to the inside.

Hemphill uses a lot of Elko's principals from their days together at Hofstra (Cohen was head coach) and he mentioned that Santucci also got experience with Elko at Notre Dame, at Wake and he played for Hemphill at Stony Brook. I am hoping the D will play better than expectations as they did against NCSU and Duke with the Pitt game in between being an exception rather than the norm.

I'm glad they are open to fluidity / rotation. I still need to listen to that podcast. My bigger concern is D line depth. We have are already thin and will most likely be playing several true and RS freshmen this year, and that's without further injuries.

This kind of reminds me of Grobe saying we don't target 300 OLs, instead we want 270, fast and quick OLs. He made a good sales pitch i'll admit. But it did not turn out to be benficial. You need big, quick, and fast OLs and you can find that in 300+ kids. Gotta have size in this league.

Back