• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Wake Spring Football

That’s just as Biff.

Did anyone notice that Tyler Bell was in the Transfer Portal? I thought he was medically disqualified?

Medically DQ'd at Wake doesn't mean medically DQ'd for everybody else.

If he can still play, I hope he finds a place.
Think he could have been a solid contributor if he didn't have all the injuries.

Fare thee well, Ty Bell. Hope you find a place that's swell. With the depth we have, we should do well. But then again, you never can tell.

Fare thee well, Ty Bell. Hope you find a place that's swell. With the depth we have, we should do well. But then again, you never can tell.

I'm getting familiar enough around here that when I read this, Clawson's voice immediately echoes in my head.

"You can never have enough running backs."

76 - you're a poet, and didn't know it.

This kind of reminds me of Grobe saying we don't target 300 OLs, instead we want 270, fast and quick OLs. He made a good sales pitch i'll admit. But it did not turn out to be benficial. You need big, quick, and fast OLs and you can find that in 300+ kids. Gotta have size in this league.

For what it's worth, was reading about Willy Yarbary at the Falcons camp and they mentioned him and 2 other DT's on their roster at around 285 lbs. That league seems to be as big as the ACC. For some reason on this Chromebook, I can't get it to copy and paste but is on the www.atlantafalcons.com site, "Falcons rookie minicamp: 5 standouts on defense....."

With Willie being from Augusta, it would be great if he could make it with the Falcons.

This kind of reminds me of Grobe saying we don't target 300 OLs, instead we want 270, fast and quick OLs. He made a good sales pitch i'll admit. But it did not turn out to be benficial. You need big, quick, and fast OLs and you can find that in 300+ kids. Gotta have size in this league.

Our 2006 starting o line went something like: 310, 300, 280, 360, 292. Very beneficial. Average weight without the outlier Degeare at o360 is about 295.

Our starting game 1 with Herron 2018 o line was 310, 285, 290, 295, 305. What does that average to...297 or so. So, I don’t know why Grobe ever said 270 or why we need 300 plus now, when our solid 2018 line had 3 starters under 300.

Maybe high school kid @ 260-270 with good feet that we get in the weight room...to get up to 295-300. Unless I somehow whiffed on these measurements.

Our 2006 starting o line went something like: 310, 300, 280, 360, 292. Very beneficial. Average weight without the outlier Degeare at o360 is about 295.

Our starting game 1 with Herron 2018 o line was 310, 285, 290, 295, 305. What does that average to...297 or so. So, I don’t know why Grobe ever said 270 or why we need 300 plus now, when our solid 2018 line had 3 starters under 300.

Maybe high school kid @ 260-270 with good feet that we get in the weight room...to get up to 295-300. Unless I somehow whiffed on these measurements.

300 lbs or so is fine as long as the player has the strength, quickness, technique and aggression. Quite a few of the All-American linemen in recent years have been in the 300-310 range.
It's not just the pounds, it's the quality of the pounds.

A poet but don't know it but your feet show it they are Longfellows.

Where did the reporter Will McFadden attend college?

Biff would only need one guess.

300 lbs or so is fine as long as the player has the strength, quickness, technique and aggression. Quite a few of the All-American linemen in recent years have been in the 300-310 range.
It's not just the pounds, it's the quality of the pounds.

This is correct. And I'd add that Wake's dedication to the lightning-fast tempo means they won't have any 330-plus O-linemen if they can't get down the field and get lined up as quickly as the rest of the line. Without diving into the roster, Mike Edwards is the exception -- and he was down from 370 in the fall to 340 in the spring.

Discussed this with Ryan Anderson a few times, that there's a fine line for WF linemen to be strong enough to block the ACC D-lines but also well-conditioned enough to be on the field for 90 or so plays per game.

Back