• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Wake Spring Football

Byrd out for the season and Fox is out for the season. Is it too late to grab a DT from the transfer portal?

Right. I assume he meant grab another. We can take more than one transfer.

According to 247's Transfer portal there are 4 un-committed DT's remaining with immediate eligibility. No word on any of them having contact with Wake.

Right. I assume he meant grab another. We can take more than one transfer.

The issue might be availability of scholarship slots. Unless the severity of the injuries to one or more has removed the player from football to other scholarship.

I heard Elontae Bateman did that. Maybe Byrd. Others?

This is bad, bad news.

Position where we lost two bonafide starters losses what probably would have been a starter.

Any of the four sound like they are rated high enough to help at Wake.

The lack of activity on this thread makes me sad. I get that we're all ready to off ourselves over the basketball situation - but do we really need 15 different threads discussing it, not to mention some random-ass discussion about the Cubs and MLS to take priority over arguably one of the brightest spot in our athletic department? When there are more posts about Bruce Pearl in the last 10 days than the total number of posts in a football thread started in February, we have a problem...

These aren't the days of Jim Grobe's open practices. Les had an interview from the 12th practice. Clawson talked a lot, but said little. the only thing that didn't need decoding was the injury report. DeaconIllustrated reported on the scrimmage. Since its behind a pay wall, I'll just say that Clawson is encourage by the youngsters and look for big things from Boogie. There should be more coming with the Spring Game on Saturday.

The lack of activity on this thread makes me sad. I get that we're all ready to off ourselves over the basketball situation - but do we really need 15 different threads discussing it, not to mention some random-ass discussion about the Cubs and MLS to take priority over arguably one of the brightest spot in our athletic department? When there are more posts about Bruce Pearl in the last 10 days than the total number of posts in a football thread started in February, we have a problem...

Well, I am making the 4 hour drive on Saturday morning with the wifie to watch some football. I expect a good crowd. Weather should be perfect.

What is the problem?

Reasonable assumption that the majority of the folks attending the spring game are more from the long-time supporting (and hence long-time suffering) variety, particularly those who take the time to show up early and tailgate. Would be smart on Currie's part to make some rounds and introduce himself to those of us in the unwashed masses.

That would be smart but he knows he will get the same comments about Manning over and over again.

That would be smart but he knows he will get the same comments about Manning over and over again.

Tough shit. He is being paid close to $1 mil a year, so he can put up with a little honest, direct feedback. We don't need more of the Fuck You leadership style of Wellman. Currie needs to lead, and establish a reputation for competence in the Athletic Department in the eyes of the alumni. If he is too proud to engage the alumni then I have no use for him.

Reasonable assumption that the majority of the folks attending the spring game are more from the long-time supporting (and hence long-time suffering) variety, particularly those who take the time to show up early and tailgate. Would be smart on Currie's part to make some rounds and introduce himself to those of us in the unwashed masses.

Maybe. But I was at Clawson's first spring game where we had a few athletes that Grobe left in the cupboard. We had no quarterback, a poor OL and no talent at skill positions. On the drive home, I told my friends we could be lucky to win 2 games. We won 3 games, after an OT fieldgoal against VT.

We have come so far in these five years. I am coming to the spring game to express my support for the team and to express my gratitude to Clawson for a job well done. The future is very bright and it should be a perfect afternoon in Winston.

The weather is looking great for the spring game this Saturday. We've had a few spring games in the past several years with really rough weather.

I'll be there! Disappointed we had to change the format, but understand why.

Back