• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Wake Spring Football

What format change?

What format change?

They are too thin at a couple of positions (safety) to do a draft of 2 teams, so they are switching to an offense / defense format to avoid running too many plays. i assume it will be on of those where a 3 and out with be worth X points, a turnover worth y points, etc for the D.

They are too thin at a couple of positions (safety) to do a draft of 2 teams, so they are switching to an offense / defense format to avoid running too many plays. i assume it will be on of those where a 3 and out with be worth X points, a turnover worth y points, etc for the D.

Someone pitch this format to the ACC Network !

I wonder if ACC Network will force or coerce teams to allow their Spring Games to be televised. That’s an easy source for a content to put with baseball games and to show sporadically over the summer.

I wonder if ACC Network will force or coerce teams to allow their Spring Games to be televised. That’s an easy source for a content to put with baseball games and to show sporadically over the summer.

This year all the SEC spring games are televised - a lot on the SEC network - so I think you are right that this is coming for the ACC.

They're playing 7 on 7 or something because we don't have enough healthy players. Meanwhile other teams have their spring games on ESPN.

Clawson said this morning that they will play four 10 minute quarters, offense vs defense, with a goal of between 80-100 plays. Seems like a good format.

These aren't the days of Jim Grobe's open practices. Les had an interview from the 12th practice. Clawson talked a lot, but said little. the only thing that didn't need decoding was the injury report. DeaconIllustrated reported on the scrimmage. Since its behind a pay wall, I'll just say that Clawson is encourage by the youngsters and look for big things from Boogie. There should be more coming with the Spring Game on Saturday.

Come on, man. Whatever DeaconIllustrated posted on that scrimmage is off of whatever Wake's sports information dept. wrote, what Les wrote or what I wrote. DeaconIllustrated has covered 3 football games and maybe 3-4 basketball games in the past two years.

Come on, man. Whatever DeaconIllustrated posted on that scrimmage is off of whatever Wake's sports information dept. wrote, what Les wrote or what I wrote. DeaconIllustrated has covered 3 football games and maybe 3-4 basketball games in the past two years.

No Conor. True today but they had a solid reporter back then at DeaconIllustrated. He left and it went to pot.

Injuries piling up at linebacker and safety. Any chance they bring Nate May's back or has that shipped sailed. I know he has some injury but with Taylor out for the year, linebacker depth could be a problem in the fall.

Coaches are afraid to show too much anyway during spring games. I'm sure they will be even more conservative if the games are televised.

No Conor. True today but they had a solid reporter back then at DeaconIllustrated. He left and it went to pot.

I believe the current "reporter" works for another team's site (UNC or Tech maybe?) and Rivals just has him on the Wake beat for coverage.

I have no idea where you would even find someone else out there to work for Rivals or one of these sites beyond hiring a student. We really lucked in to landing Les for 24/7.

They're playing 7 on 7 or something because we don't have enough healthy players. Meanwhile other teams have their spring games on ESPN.

I say this as a pretty big sports fan - anyone watching a spring football game on tv really needs to get a hobby

I believe the current "reporter" works for another team's site (UNC or Tech maybe?) and Rivals just has him on the Wake beat for coverage.

I have no idea where you would even find someone else out there to work for Rivals or one of these sites beyond hiring a student. We really lucked in to landing Les for 24/7.

I can't imagine it's a money making venture to run a Wake site for profit right now. It's always been a hard sell, Wellman has made it damn near impossible. I bet the news that Manning was being retained went over really well in Les' household.

So where was I wrong? I know Les was at DeaconIllustrated, and when he was, he was an asset, as he is now for 24/7.

The current DeaconIllustrated "reporter" lives in Atlanta and covers Georgia Tech. Unless he was under an invisibility cloak, he wasn't at the scrimmage Friday night.

I am the current DeaconIllustrated reporter.

So where was I wrong? I know Les was at DeaconIllustrated, and when he was, he was an asset, as he is now for 24/7.

The current DeaconIllustrated "reporter" lives in Atlanta and covers Georgia Tech. Unless he was under an invisibility cloak, he wasn't at the scrimmage Friday night.

Yeah I don't think JJMMGG is putting two and two together that Deaconillustrated reporter he is referencing back when it was good is Les.

Also don't think he recognizes that you and Les are perpetually on the beat, yet he referenced one piece that deaconillustrated may have done, ignoring all of yall's work.

Last edited:
Coaches are afraid to show too much anyway during spring games. I'm sure they will be even more conservative if the games are televised.

I agree. They’ll get televised though.

Back