• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Wake Spring Football

Conor or Les - do you know what has happened to Suhren? He was a highly regarded recruit yet never seems to be mentioned by Clawson when referring to OL depth.

Why would Wake want Boogie to go early? Fifth year guys are good to have, particularly on both lines.

Let's hope that Groulx is Camp2.0 in pass catching, not with injuries.

It's not Wake it's scouts

Gonna assume this is an auto-correct on "were" -- i.e. "some were trying to get Boogie to leave early, but he wouldn't".

This sorry typing on this little phone and not proofing. One of Boogie's family members said scouts were trying to get him to leave early.

She said he had an offer to play somewhere I had never heard of but that he was going to stay. I told her good that we loved Boogie and he's going to be a great mentor to the young guys. She said he had been talking to Ejiofor and he has been encouraging.

Last edited:
This sorry typing on this little phone and not proofing. One of Boogie's family members said scouts were trying to get him to leave early.

She said he had an offer to play somewhere I had never heard of but that he was going to stay. I told her good that we loved Boogie and he's going to be a great mentor to the young guys. She said he had been talking to Ejiofor and he has been encouraging.

Ahh, I gotcha, thanks for clearing up.

It's good to hear Ejiofor and Boogie have an open line of communication. Cohen told me in the spring that Ejiofor was a tactician in his pass-rushing technique, everything had a purpose, every move was carefully planned and executed, and that Boogie was the opposite. That's what he meant but him being more coachable.

Good to hear that Newman played so well in the Spring "Game"

Because if Clawson starts Hartman over him in against Utah State, he's officially back on notice.

Good to hear that Newman played so well in the Spring "Game"

Because if Clawson starts Hartman over him in against Utah State, he's officially back on notice.

The quoted puzzles me.

My understanding is that the reason Newman didn't start game 1 last season was that he was injured. So Newman would be "on notice" for what reason?

Thanks. This was helpful. Do we know what Woulard's injury was? Or DJ Taylor? I know Fox was achilles. I thought Taylor might be ACL, but hadn't heard what happened to Woulard ...

Believe Taylor is an ACL. Saturday was the first time I've seen him all spring, and he was on crutches with some kind of brace or cast on one of his knees.

Honestly not sure on Woulard, but I think it's a leg injury. When it happened, thought it was a chest injury. But Saturday, almost positive he was on crutches, too. Not sure beyond that.

Hoping we can redshirt Hartman

The fact that Hartman is doing well could bode well for redshirting. He doesn’t need to get game reps against Elon to improve. So we can save him for when we need him.

Juice gets it

I will turn on Claws so quickly if he starts another pasty midget QB

Newman is the now but Hartman is going to be great and he's the future. Best case scenario Newman stays healthy Hartman plays in four games and redshirts. Newman come back senior year with Hartman backing him up and Hartman has two years a a GOOD starter

Taylor was an ACL talked to him at the game. He's looking forward to coming back with three years left kids going to be great. HE thinks the lb corps are cursed lol

McCollum is absolutely going to be a beast. Kamara didn't stick out for me but Bothroyd had some good plays at the end of the scrimmage. Allen breaks out this year. I think we have great depth at rb now and wr. I worry with our style of play both QBs will probably start 6 games each. I think Rucker or one one of the freshman dbs is going to look really good early. Delaney will be a great surprise this year at rb. Even Beal-Smith looked a step faster and much better than last year. Courtney had some good runs as well.

I think next year is the year things even out for us. I think this year the O will still be better and we'll be in some shootouts strictly because of depth

Back