• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Wake Spring Football

The Report on Shamar McCollum is off the charts.

He is playing with the first team defense as a true HS senior 2nd semester enrollee? He has gained 30 pounds since January? How about this quote from Clawson:
“If I’m a quarterback and Shamar is on my blindside, I’m maybe a little bit quicker getting rid of that thing,”

Clawson is not the type of guy to embellish about kid that that just enrolled. Strong signs that point to McCollum as a star. Excited.

That would leave a freshman Kern as your back-up. In an RPO oriented attack that won't likely be possible as injuries will occur

Not necessarily. It means you can only play Hartman 4 games. He could take 80 snaps in those 4 games and still redshirt. It means that if by the grace of god, Newman escapes Fall camp healthy and is named the starter against Utah State, and we take a commanding 42-3 lead early in the 3rd quarter, we hope to see Bowers and Kern take snaps and not "waste" a Hartman game unless Newman goes down ... Then, late in the season, you can start to use him more frequently or "rest" Newman a game if he were banged up.

Not necessarily. It means you can only play Hartman 4 games. He could take 80 snaps in those 4 games and still redshirt. It means that if by the grace of god, Newman escapes Fall camp healthy and is named the starter against Utah State, and we take a commanding 42-3 lead early in the 3rd quarter, we hope to see Bowers and Kern take snaps and not "waste" a Hartman game unless Newman goes down ... Then, late in the season, you can start to use him more frequently or "rest" Newman a game if he were banged up.

We are going to blow 4 teams out. Bring Bowers and Kearn in for those 4 games. We are going to play in 5 really close games where Newman stays healthy and the world is all right. In the case we lose Newman to an injury, we bring Hartman in to save the day and still don't burn his shirt.

Didn’t think we had any openings on the staff?
Possibly GA?

He's basically an assistant to the assistant coaches. He's the defensive version of what A'Lique Terry (former OL, medically DQ'd before '17 season) has been hired as for the offense.

Cortez Lewis will be playing for Western Michigan next year. Took a year off to heal and get healthy. I thought after his freshmen year he would be a breakout star.

He's basically an assistant to the assistant coaches. He's the defensive version of what A'Lique Terry (former OL, medically DQ'd before '17 season) has been hired as for the offense.

Like the assistant regional manager? Or the assistant to the regional manager?

The Report on Shamar McCollum is off the charts.

He is playing with the first team defense as a true HS senior 2nd semester enrollee? He has gained 30 pounds since January? How about this quote from Clawson:
“If I’m a quarterback and Shamar is on my blindside, I’m maybe a little bit quicker getting rid of that thing,”

Clawson is not the type of guy to embellish about kid that that just enrolled. Strong signs that point to McCollum as a star. Excited.

Welcome to the fan club. There’s room last on for many more.

McCollum’s video from HS is one of the most impressive I’ve ever seen for a WF defensive recruit. He’s the real deal, playing for a real deal football coach.

Cortez Lewis will be playing for Western Michigan next year. Took a year off to heal and get healthy. I thought after his freshmen year he would be a breakout star.

I liked him too. He made some big plays several times but also some bo-bo penalties at important times. Seemed temper related. Good luck to him this year.

What was his injury? I seem to remember a special teams injury, like a kickoff return, but I could be confusing his injury with a walk-on from several years back who had a compound fracture - perhaps against Georgia Tech??? and required an air cast and EMTs. Does anybody remember? Good luck to him though.

We are going to blow 4 teams out. Bring Bowers and Kearn in for those 4 games. We are going to play in 5 really close games where Newman stays healthy and the world is all right. In the case we lose Newman to an injury, we bring Hartman in to save the day and still don't burn his shirt.

Wisdom.

I'm impressed enough to post this again

Congratulations to all the guys on the team for top 10% APR. Not easy. Worthy of recognition. Way to go. True Student Athletes at WFU.

Juice gets it

I will turn on Claws so quickly if he starts another pasty midget QB

1. Hartman started b/c Newman was injured.
2. Perhaps you’re referring to Wolford, who became (in case you missed it) a record setting qb while Hinton was battling injuries and bone headed decisions.

From whence comes this outrage?

Back