• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Travel Photo Thread

those are phenemonal Crapshoot. you could publish a coffee table book with shots like those.

You are seriously talented, Crapshoot. Those pics are incredible.

Probably biggest regret is not travelling more when I had a job that I could do remotely.

Dang....these pics always make me want to take a trip. I've really been wanting to make it out to backpacking/hiking trip to Yosemite. Tried to plan a trip out there but all my friends can't make it for one reason or another. I'm heavily considering just making a solo trip just b/c I want to go that bad. Has anybody had any experience with solo trips such as that? What do you think pit...should I just say screw it and go out there and make it happen, or is that something I should wait and do when I can get some people to go with me?

crapshoot, aMAZING pictures.

I have about 2,000 pictures from my trip to Aus. And no, its not just of Sydney and Brisbane. I've got a ton from the Great Barrier Reef and Lamington National Park rainforest (Binna Burra), so I'll post some of the better ones here.

Would anyone want to do a photo contest on here? Could print some 20x30s for the winner(s). I have no clue how to create a contest on the board, but maybe we could have one thread started allowing each poster to post one image, and then those we the most positive feed back get put into a new thread where you can actually vote. Thoughts?

Dang....these pics always make me want to take a trip. I've really been wanting to make it out to backpacking/hiking trip to Yosemite. Tried to plan a trip out there but all my friends can't make it for one reason or another. I'm heavily considering just making a solo trip just b/c I want to go that bad. Has anybody had any experience with solo trips such as that? What do you think pit...should I just say screw it and go out there and make it happen, or is that something I should wait and do when I can get some people to go with me?

I was seriously considering a solo trip to Yellowstone this year, but chickened out when I decided I might get eaten by a bear while wandering the wilderness alone. But anyway Yosemite is awesome!

and to echo everyone else, Crapshoot those are brilliant photos.

Would anyone want to do a photo contest on here? Could print some 20x30s for the winner(s). I have no clue how to create a contest on the board, but maybe we could have one thread started allowing each poster to post one image, and then those we the most positive feed back get put into a new thread where you can actually vote. Thoughts?

most definitely. would there be categories or a theme at all, or literally just 'best photo from your travels' ? regardless, i'm in.

Good call on categories. As noted I do not even know how to start a poll like many here do. I just think there are some really impressive shots, just wanted to throw out some free pictures if people wanted yo get it rolling. I am up for anything:

1) Landscape
2)animals
3)Sports
4) B&W
5 )Nudes :D

most definitely. would there be categories or a theme at all, or literally just 'best photo from your travels' ? regardless, i'm in.

i feel like for travel pictures:
'landscape' like crapshoot's stunners (sweeping panoramas and vistas)
'cityscape' urban shots of buildings and such (cool architectural shots, etc)
'culture' the people/objects (candids of people at the market, shoes lined up on a dock, etc)
'nature' for people like me who take too many shots on macro settings (flora and fauna)
'family' if people are so inclined to put up that stunning portrait from their trip to XYZ

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the positive feedback. One of the reasons I love to hike so much is because of all the photography options it presents. It's also why I was seriously pissed that I drove 8+ hours across the state before I realized that I forgot to pack my camera. Thankfully we found a Staples and snagged a good deal on a little Canon point-and-shoot for that last trip. On a similar note, I now own THREE point-and-shoots, so I'm looking to unload one. If anyone is in the market, it's a good little camera and I'll throw in a 4GB memory card for cheap. Not sure what the going rate is, but I'll hook you up.

Tardawg, I like the idea of a photo contest, and lbe had some good suggestions for categories. Not sure how to set that up on the boards, but if you figure it out I'll be sure to enter!

I actually do need a new camera :noidea:

For JDawg or anyone interested, this is the camera I'm talking about (LINK), only it's not brown and gold ... just regular silver. Super saver discount for Wake boards peeps (and for making me not have to list this thing on Craigslist).

Guys, thought some of you may be interested in this. The Center for Visual Artists Greensboro is sponsoring a photo contest. Rules are very simple, the one catch it that the image must be captured on a cell phone. Here is a link to their site. You can win an iphone or a Canvas Gallery Wrap. All images submitted will be on display at their show in the Fall. Your pictures will also be sold for $5 each (I think). My company is donating the prints so the profit are for the non profit group.

http://cvagallery.greensboroart.org/?pageID=1025754#

Pemigewasset Wlderness, NH
7683807438_91a7f5fa2d_k.jpg

7683774522_2d7403bb66_c.jpg

7683759292_4607a3af83_c.jpg

7683819428_4f554b339a_c.jpg

Back