• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Travel Photo Thread

What I normally do is email the photo to myself. then load it on tinypic or something like that.

I just upload them to Photobucket from my camera. I use Facebook to log in, and it doesn't automatically put them on facebook.

Not to Hijack the thread, but I have always received great feedback from this board that I use in my business. I have stated before that I own a photolab, and while business is off I have been chatting with a web designer friend of mine about an idea that is probably already out there in some form or the complete package. It is very similar to Flicker or any of the other share image sites, but we were thinking of marketing great shots by photographers that are not trying to make a fortune on their images, but would always be open to making $25-$40 per image sold.

I have had a number of business owners approach me about wanting prints to decorate their office walls and having suggestions on who they should call to buy their images. Most come back blown away at how much the photographer or “artist” wants for the images. While I realize the cost some professionals go to capture these, I respect their high prices, but in the current economy not that many people paying high dollar for large photos.

I am in it just for the normal costs of our Canvas Gallery Wraps or Photos, and tacking on $25-$40 to go to the person who submitted the image. After a long winded background on the situation, would you be inclined to upload for review some of the beautiful images you have posted here. Again you may sell zero, or you may sell a 100 of each, but anything is more than most have stored on ipads and Had Drives.

Any feedback via personal message or in this thread (not to hijack) would be appreciated.

Here are a few from my recent trip to Germany:

From the Zugspitz, the highest point in Germany

1zb5l3b.jpg

34qpvmg.jpg

View of the countryside from Neuschwanstein (the inspiration for the Disney castle)

25a16hs.jpg

Driving through the countryside at sunset

2cdfl2b.jpg

A few from Rothenburg ob der Tauber--one of my very favorite stops on the trip

4sgzex.jpg

2crrfco.jpg

2djqee0.jpg

Last edited:
Cape as in Cape Cod? If so what are your in-laws feelings on all the new Wind Farms getting ready to be installed off the Cape?

Page 8? Really? We let this awesome thread drop that far? Anyway, here are a few shots from a recent trip to Banff and Jasper NPs in Alberta. The place is fucking amazing.

8027096819_990df2f6b6_b.jpg

7997752144_80b9380a83_b.jpg

7997786275_4b6609da38_c.jpg

7997706933_aa218df7e5_c.jpg

7997718732_86f11da827_b.jpg

7997732045_eef382a00f_c.jpg

7997702394_ef5c4188b5_c.jpg

beautiful :)
this reminds me i need to post photos from a recent hike...

Crapshoot your photos are amazing! Love it

On a separate note, I'm having my honeymoon in Paris, Munich, Vienna, and Budapest in December this year. Any suggestions from the pit travelers?

I'm gonna rock this thread in 3 weeks with pictures from my week long trip to BVI. But these pics are awesome, this thread makes me wish I had so much more time and money to travel.

BTW- everybody.

If you want prints of your photos made or anything turned into a canvas, TARDAWG does an AMAZING job. I just got some large prints and a canvas in the mail from him, and could not be more pleased with the quality. He's in Greensboro, but can clearly ship things (I'm in OR)... and you get to support a fellow deac.

BTW- everybody.

If you want prints of your photos made or anything turned into a canvas, TARDAWG does an AMAZING job. I just got some large prints and a canvas in the mail from him, and could not be more pleased with the quality. He's in Greensboro, but can clearly ship things (I'm in OR)... and you get to support a fellow deac.

That is a great idea. I'd love to have some prints made from our photos, and I've thought about doing a canvas gallery wrap for our foyer, maybe one of the panoramic shots. TARDAWG, you do large scale stuff like that?

How large do you want? We are running a sale this month for 12x18s and 16x24s on our ROES software. We can stretch any size you want. Our limitation is 38” as the shortest length, so I can stretch a 38” X12’ if you like. Feel free to shoot me a message and I can get you started using the software.

I have had many great experiences with the posters on this board.

the canvas i got is 18x20 (i think?) and looks great; i feel like if the pixels are there for quality, they can handle big things. ...this is pure speculation.

IBE08, Easy to make good images print great. You should see some of the terrible images we have to produce. I can’t imagine why anyone is paying money for them.

IBE08, Easy to make good images print great. You should see some of the terrible images we have to produce. I can’t imagine why anyone is paying money for them.

i can only imagine.

Sadly Ibe08, the closest I ever got to becoming a Deac was a Freshman girlfriend, and lots of friends here in the Green City with extra tickets. I proudly wear the black and gold to every event I attend.
BTW- everybody.

Back