• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Travel Photo Thread

Ok these are all from the same trip and I know football trips don't really count, but not many people get to go up there and this might make you realize just how blue the turf is....how the sun setting affects the mountains in the background in Boise

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

And looking down at the surrounding mountains from the nearby ski resort:

scaled.php

I think something messed up when resizing them so some of the details look heinous and grainy

The caves/shelter the Native Americans carved out thousands of years ago in Walnut Canyon in Arizona

scaled.php

And one of my favorite pictures, Grand Canyon lit by the sunset

scaled.php

"About to eat the beating heart of a cobra in Vietnam"

WHAT, WHAT, WHAT?

sheila.png

Yeah, we got to pick out which cobra we wanted, then they cut the sucker open right in front of us. Took out the heart while it was still beating, put it in a shot glass and handed it to me. Let it rest on my tongue while it was still beating then took a bite and swallowed it down. Disgusting to say the least... We then proceeded to have a 6 course meal of cobra, complete with the blood and bile mixed with rice wine. Shit was crazy.

Just a few from my massive London collection

scaled.php

What the Allies were greeted with when they marched all up in Hitler's jaunt (from the Imperial War Museum)

scaled.php

Tower Bridge...incredibly played out, but when it came out I loved how the clouds formed a halo of sorts over it

scaled.php

St. James framed by the Millennium Bridge and the mix of people bustling about

Album titled: "Maryland at Wake football 2007"

yeah...not opening that one

Ohhh I want to play on this thread. Rehosting pictures, will be back soon.

bingo. First one taken from the spot where he stares up at the Plaza, the tunnel where he runs from the Sticky Bandits, the rocks where the pigeon lady hangs, and the link is the inside of the hotel (makes it a little obvious)

damn straight i set out in Central Park to do that on purpose

Ohhh I want to play on this thread. Rehosting pictures, will be back soon.

spoiler alert: lbE is going to make me want to go to Switzerland

I wish I wasn't such a crappy photographer, but here's some of my favorites from my most recent trip.

Perhentian Islands, Malaysia

IMG_3271.jpg

Hundreds of Indians watching the World Cup of Cricket final in Singapore

IMG_3234.jpg

Sabang, Palawan Islands, Philippines

IMG_3187.jpg

Mui Ne, Vietnam

IMG_3029.jpg

Vientiane, Laos

IMG_2650.jpg

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

IMG_2521.jpg

Street vendors sorting through trash for jewelry in Bangkok, Thailand.

IMG_2173.jpg

Last edited:
Nevermind, figured out how to resize.

Last edited:
Husky, sweet pics. I went to a lot of the same places. Looks like you saw some cool stuff!

I wish I wasn't such a crappy photographer, but here's some of my favorites from my most recent trip.

Mui Ne, Vietnam

IMG_3029.jpg

That's a stunning photo. This is quickly becoming my favorite thread in the Pit. Some of you guys have done some really cool stuff, and are quite good with a camera. Makes me feel like I should step my game up.

scaled.php

What the Allies were greeted with when they marched all up in Hitler's jaunt (from the Imperial War Museum)

That's such an iconic photo - the Russian version of the Iwo Jima shot, if you will. Of course, it was actually staged as well.

The original flag that was first flown over the Reichstag is on display at the Museum of the Great Patriotic War in Moscow

14855471836052271912819.jpg

Back