• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Travel Photo Thread

That's such an iconic photo - the Russian version of the Iwo Jima shot, if you will. Of course, it was actually staged as well.

The original flag that was first flown over the Reichstag is on display at the Museum of the Great Patriotic War in Moscow

14855471836052271912819.jpg

The one in the back? Indeed. I've been plowing through a photo blog and its touched on twice in there.

DSCN1962.jpg

Jungfrau; taken from First, Switzerland

DSCN1937.jpg

Small village north of Grindelwald, Switzerland

salamancaaladavid061.jpg

Arches in the same Cathedral/Mosque in Cordoba as posted earlier (rawarr, I think?)

n46500605_30087515_7184.jpg

Cathedral; Salamanca, Spain

n46500605_30087517_7789.jpg

Plaza Mayor at Christmastime; Salamanca, Spain

DSCN2490.jpg

Backside of the Cathedral in Santiago de Compostela, Spain

DSCN2476.jpg

frontside of the same cathedral

IMG_2742.jpg

Just hanging out in my friend's backyard... James Cistern, Eleuthera, Bahamas

IMG_3110.jpg

view from Mount Alvernia, the highest point in the Bahamas at a staggering 207 ft above sea level, on Cat Island.

IMG_9402.jpg

View of the Columbia River Gorge from The Vista House, Oregon
This is about 25min from my house.

IMG_9246.jpg

Mount Hood in the background, Willamette Falls in the foreground. 'Scenic Viewpoint' off Hwy 205N, Oregon.

IMG_4316.jpg

Unaltered photo of the sunset; Bald Head Island, NC

IMG_8308.jpg

After a long day of ice climbing; New Hampshire

Bull fight, Las Ventas, Madrid. Bull being weakened before the matador comes out to finish the job. I learned a lot at this bull fight. 1) 3 matadors and 9 bulls were showcased, with the most amateur going first and expert last (repeat 3 times a piece). 2) I also learned that every piece of the bull is immediately butchered and sold to vendors at Las Ventas. Pretty cool:

6sqpds.jpg

Intermediate matador, teasing the wounded bull:

2upskrb.jpg

Midland, TX sunset:

2jgjn5.jpg

Cute orphan girl in Guatemala:

dbseoz.jpg

Donde Esta San Pedro (San Francisco, Guatemala):

33uppcm.jpg

Friend of mine snapped this one, perfectly timed:
n7208371325586288347.jpg

Another friend got this video:

I'm somewhere on the other side of the bull at this point, because right before the video starts, the bull was in a tunnel but turned and charged back the way he had came to get to where he is standing in the vid. I was in the path of the charge and when I turned to run, I tripped and fell. I proceeded to shit my pants and go against the advice of all the spanish people I talked to and get back up and run. Damn thing was right behind me but luckily I got out of there. And by got out of there, I mean I ran like a scared girl and got well outside the fence. About 30 seconds later he gored that dude in the video. That bull was pissed off and was still out in the streets long after all the others had made it to the ring.

Some more from last year.

Berlin Wall

IMG_1976.jpg

Auschwitz, Poland

IMG_1848.jpg

Ljubljana, Slovenia

IMG_1760.jpg

Mostar, Bosnia & Herzegovina

IMG_1520.jpg

Eating a goat's head in Albania

IMG_1337.jpg

And without a doubt the most unique place I've ever been; Cappadocia, Turkey.

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

Great thread...keep them coming.

Last edited:
Wife's family is from there originally, we're buying a villa there this winter for our vacation home. I absolutely love Sicily. Love it.

...and you'll happily accept visitors? :)

Of course, of course - there's an open invite to like half the pit to come visit us in Europe at any time.

Of course, of course - there's an open invite to like half the pit to come visit us in Europe at any time.

I spent some time in Palermo and Siracusa and absolutely loved it. Where abouts is your villa? Very jealous.

1001139al.jpg

Seven Mile Beach, Negril, Jamaica.

picture231v.jpg

Sunset from a catamaran. Costa Rica

picture171r.jpg

Taken from the beach at Manueal Antonio National Park, Costa Rica

Prague, oh how I love you. Best drinking city in the world (imo)

17605673958212944912819.jpg

19240474156310455912819.jpg

I can't wait to visit Prague. I have this amazing vision in my head of what it's like, and I have a feeling that, as good as my imagination is, it won't come close. I've heard so many amazing things about the city and my wife is Czech, so it will have added meaning.

One of my favorite pictures from our honeymoon.

Sandals Royal Caribbean, Montego Bay, Jamaica

35mlaud.jpg

Also sign me up for visiting vad too!

Vamos La U!

Gonna throw some pics up later, including some from Chile.

Where'd you study, bro? Looks like Santiago based on your English-teaching assignment. Me too. Spring 2008. Valparaiso is one of my favorite places in the world.

Ha, vamos Catolica! I had to at least pretend to root for Colo Colo, though, cuz I sat with their fans at the superclasico and they would have killed me if I didn't.

Yeah, studied in Santiago 2006.

Back