• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Toni Harris - First female to receive skill position football scholarship

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
https://www-espn-com.cdn.ampproject...harris-becomes-1st-female-non-kicker-sign-loi

"Toni Harris made history Tuesday, becoming the first female football player at a skill position to sign a letter of intent, accepting a scholarship to Central Methodist University in Missouri.

The 5-foot-7, 164-pound safety from Detroit had been playing football at East Los Angeles College in California for the past two seasons and will now further her college career at Central Methodist..."

https://www-espn-com.cdn.ampproject...harris-becomes-1st-female-non-kicker-sign-loi

"Toni Harris made history Tuesday, becoming the first female football player at a skill position to sign a letter of intent, accepting a scholarship to Central Methodist University in Missouri.

The 5-foot-7, 164-pound safety from Detroit had been playing football at East Los Angeles College in California for the past two seasons and will now further her college career at Central Methodist..."

From a title IX perspective I wonder if her scholarship counts as a male or female since she is participating in a male sport. Either way this is pretty cool.

Her ultimate goal: the NFL.

She’s only a little smaller than Dortch.

What’s particularly impressive is that she’s a JUCO transfer. She’s been playing college ball.

From a title IX perspective I wonder if her scholarship counts as a male or female since she is participating in a male sport. Either way this is pretty cool.

Shouldn't count either way. Football is now a unisex scholarship sport and schools no longer have to fund women's volleyball teams to maintain gender equity.

Shouldn't count either way. Football is now a unisex scholarship sport and schools no longer have to fund women's volleyball teams to maintain gender equity.

Maybe we can get some more scholarships for baseball now.

I’m not sure how good you thought a JUCO transfer to NAIA Central Methodist University was going to be.

Idk. NAIA is similar to d3 as far as athletics, the only difference being they can offer scholarships. The vast majority of players at that level are above average to excellent high school players. I applaud her drive and toughness, but she would be a below average player on a 1a high school team in NC.

If I'm a RB on the opposing team, I run right at her - or over her - the first few plays.
Doubt she'd last long.

Idk. NAIA is similar to d3 as far as athletics, the only difference being they can offer scholarships. The vast majority of players at that level are above average to excellent high school players. I applaud her drive and toughness, but she would be a below average player on a 1a high school team in NC.

Yes to all of this.

Back