• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman Retiring; Currie New AD

Ok, the only link is to a pay site that shows nothing worth while unless you subscribe. Nothing else published yet. Skeptical.

What would be funny is if Currie came out with support for manning. Or not funny at all

It’s a little odd, Currie is going to fire Manning in his first week on the job? Feels like a stalling tactic but hopefully not.

I get alerts from The Atlantic for all kinds of random stuff and I didn’t get this one? Damn.

And this went down just like DR said he would do it and it’s a complete crony hire like I’ve feared. He is definitely qualified and it does guarantee Wellman isn’t involved in the process.

Last edited:
I think Currie was most recently a consultant at Texas. Hmmmm...

Currie hired Bruce Weber at Kansas st. Went to the tourney 4 of 6 years and the elite 8 last year.

As quickly as this was accomplished it seems that a lot has gone on behind the scenes. There may be a coach lined up as well. The big money boys may be playing hardball.

Matta is just chillin. Currie could tie this up tomorrow.

Man oh man. This is nuts.

Yeah. I may text NazT tomorrow. Currie needs to nail the hire though.

This is a legendary night. Wow. Our fanbase has disintegrated this past decade. It will be interesting to look back on these next couple weeks. I just can’t get very excited about the coaching search and not sure Wake basketball can ever mean what it used to (to me).

Back