• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman Retiring; Currie New AD

What in the name of Oh Heavens YASSS!!?? This is real, this is really happening??

I came here to laugh some more at PH's quixotic view of the real world and see what other crap was being spouted and then I see THIS!!

Who is this Currie character? Cliffs' Notes version please!

The timing of this is absolutely tantalizingly exciting!!

Buddie > Currie

But good news Wellman is gone

The next level? Underachieved? Seriously? We've gone through a disastrous decade and you're shitting on Dave Odom again? Amazing. Please just walk into the coliseum and look up. ACC Championships, NCAA appearances, retired numbers...he recruited 4 of those and we've had 1 since.

3 top 10 national finishes, 2 ACC titles, 7 straight NCAA appearances, 11 straight postseasons, 3 ACC coach of the year awards, 1 national coach of the year award, 7 straight wins v. Duke. Next level? Sign me up for this record over the next 10-12 years.

I can do this for a loooong time.

Under achieving. Just say NOdom.

Wow. Strange time for an exclusive but its about time. Maybe we'll finally find out about the extension.

Seems fitting he won't get to christen the new Shah/Sutton Athletic Development Complex or whatever it's called since he single-handedly burned our once storied BB program to the ground!!

Good riddance Ronnie!! Here's a farewell song asshead!!

You lost your way alright...this stain we too can wash away.

#LowMan'sLyric #SavingAllMyHate #WelcomeHomeUnemployment #Dont'TreadOnWake #StretchingThisABitThin #FirstSongThatPoppedIntoMyHead #AintMyBitchAnymoreRonnie!! #Sayanora

Last edited:
Dude's 70 years old and the writing is on the wall for Manning. An AD like Wellman can't make a good basketball hire if the coach knows the AD might be gone soon. Wellman knows this, it may not be a firing.

Dude's 70 years old and the writing is on the wall for Manning. An AD like Wellman can't make a good basketball hire if the coach knows the AD might be gone soon. Wellman knows this, it may not be a firing.

Get out of here with that "Wellman retiring for the good of the program" crap. Let us enjoy in for 24 hours before the AD spin on Monday.

Can’t sleep because of indigestion and decide to browse the boards...... I feel like Howard Dean at a campaign rally..... yeeeaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

The timing makes it a certainty that Manning is gone, right? Otherwise, keep Wellman until the end of the year.

Wellman did some really great things for Wake athletics. But he killed our flagship program. And I, and most everyone here, won’t ever forgive him for that.

This.

This is fantastic news and yet another reason why I shouldn't go to bed at 10pm every night.

I think Currie is a tremendous hire and agree with the sentiment that he should be plenty motivated given how he was fucked over and made to look like a stooge at UT.

Oh, and...

giphy.gif

Back