• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman Retiring; Currie New AD

If only curry could bring rick Barnes to wake. As I recall, Barnes was supportive of curry during the football debacle and Barnes is from hickory. One can dream.

I am dreaming... Once lived in Hickory by the way. Barnes has some scores to settle.

What’s Currie’s relationship with Childress? Possibly pretty close. Will have a spot for him in the AD.

giphy.gif

BvYPTJf.gif

I like Hoover personally, but I imagine a guy who spent some time at Tennessee has some decent relationships in the WBB world.

Welcome Mr Currie. Hopefully we're getting rebuild KState genius Currie and not UT flameout Currie. Either way it was past time for Wellman to enjoy retirement.

Thank you boeheim. Syracuse's corner traps and Manning's inability to stop it, slow it down, or realize it was happening was the final straw? Should i finally be glad they joined the acc?

Thank you boeheim. Syracuse's corner traps and Manning's inability to stop it, slow it down, or realize it was happening was the final straw? Should i finally be glad they joined the acc?

Boeheim ran over the right guy this time.

In simply to say fuck Ron Wellman. This joint press conference better contain some apologies by him and/or some direct "firing" comments by someone else or the Deacon Club can still kiss my ass. If this is some big head in the sand retirement celebration these motherfuckers can all still eat shit and die. Fuck that guy.

The billboard campaign and Ph’s inability to properly label the Y-axis has finally yielded results!!11

This is fucking awesome. So, given the timing of this (late night, right before the end of bball season) it means he’s being forced out right? I don’t know Wellman personally or anything, but he does strike me as a dude that would’ve liked some type of victory lap to close things out.

He’s retiring. Some may find it hard to believe, but Wellman is a good man. He made a bad hire in Bz, but that doesn’t make him less of a person. There’s no victory lap, this has been in the works for awhile. I’m sure Danny being let go is a done deal.

Absolute home run getting John Currie.

I'd be more worried about the TN stuff if Rocky Top was not such a fucked up place anyway. Fortunately Currie was only there for less than a year.

In simply to say fuck Ron Wellman. This joint press conference better contain some apologies by him and/or some direct "firing" comments by someone else or the Deacon Club can still kiss my ass. If this is some big head in the sand retirement celebration these motherfuckers can all still eat shit and die. Fuck that guy.

This.

He’s retiring. Some may find it hard to believe, but Wellman is a good man. He made a bad hire in Bz, but that doesn’t make him less of a person. There’s no victory lap, this has been in the works for awhile. I’m sure Danny being let go is a done deal.

Not this.

I don’t really care if Wellman goes to church, is pleasant to his friends and acquaintances, and is philanthropic with the money he has essentially stolen from Wake the past 10 years. That doesn’t prove he’s a good person and it has no bearing on the job he did as AD. Wake is better off without him, and would have been for some time.

wait until the press conference and wellman goes all jordan belfort
"I'M NOT FUCKING LEAVING!"

100.webp

I think the Schiano hire was heavily booster influenced but not really sure why it was any worse than the Pruitt hire. Both elite DCs, but while Pruitt was coaching in high school, Schiano was building Rutgers into a respectable football program. Of course Leach would have been an even better hire.

That Doeren was on his radar was worrisome. I also wasn’t a big fan of the Weber hire either, which looked like the right take when he had three straight losing seasons in conference. Now he’s turned it around, but you do have to wonder why Frank martin was so desperate to leave once Currie came into the picture. That is a big red flag.

This.

Not this.

I don’t really care if Wellman goes to church, is pleasant to his friends and acquaintances, and is philanthropic with the money he has essentially stolen from Wake the past 10 years. That doesn’t prove he’s a good person and it has no bearing on the job he did as AD. Wake is better off without him, and would have been for some time.

Okey-dokey, champ. Have fun daydreaming about getting Ron to eat shit and die. I hope that make you feel better about your lot in life.

Wellman, despite the current state of the basketball program, has been good for Wake. I thank him for all his service and wish him well in retirement.

And think they nailed his replacement with Currie.

Don’t over analyze Currie and the Tennessee thing. I’ve known John a long time and he will be a fantastic AD and will be at Wake a long time. Don’t listen to Vol fans. The spin they have on what happened with John is not accurate as to what really happened. He was a really good AD at Kansas State and got a raw deal in the asylum that is Tennessee athletics. John is a fantastic fund raiser too and he will be terrific at Wake. I will begin donating to the Deacon Club again immediately and I know there are a bunch like me that will do the same.

Back