• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman Retiring; Currie New AD

Currie was the obvious choice. I expect some ridicule from national media but that's fine.

Makes the Manning dynamic far easier then - no need to worry about what to conduct first between an AD and coach search.

After the Tennessee thing (his fault or not), I'm sure Currie will be absolutely possessed to nail this hire. Let's hope.

Happy about this for sure. But let's hope the bball coach search is not the cluster fuck the Tennessee football search was.

The timing makes it a certainty that Manning is gone, right? Otherwise, keep Wellman until the end of the year.

Wellman did some really great things for Wake athletics. But he killed our flagship program. And I, and most everyone here, won’t ever forgive him for that.

Leaving a really great legacy of hires in Football and non rev sports. Besides Skip, couldn't figure it out for our basketball program. I'm sure it's hard leaving without getting that one right.

As a person, he was great to me and my family in some really tough times.

Hoping a new direction gets our basketball going again!

Back