• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman Retiring; Currie New AD

Barnes has a good thing going at Tennessee, good recruits coming, and is 64. I wouldn't think he'd be interested in a rebuilding job at this point.

Yes
https://247sports.com/college/wake-forest/Article/Wake-Forest-Athletic-Director-Ron-Wellman-QA-Part-2--129774095/

Second installment from the Q&A with Wellman by Les at 247.

Favorite quote from it: "On his biggest regret:
Wellman: 'You always want to win every game and win every championship. You want to win, win, win. There have been disappointments along the way, and I don’t know that we need to identify those. But you always try to find ways to overcome those disappointments and work with people to overcome those disappointments. We’ll continue to do that the next couple months and make sure that everything is in as good of shape as possible for John to take the reins.'"

Why is Wellman saying stupid shit. He should go back to saying nothing.

Thanks for the service, Ron. You accomplished a lot for us, all kidding aside ...

https://247sports.com/college/wake-forest/Article/Wake-Forest-Athletic-Director-Ron-Wellman-QA-Part-2--129774095/

Second installment from the Q&A with Wellman by Les at 247.

Favorite quote from it: "On his biggest regret:
Wellman: 'You always want to win every game and win every championship. You want to win, win, win. There have been disappointments along the way, and I don’t know that we need to identify those. But you always try to find ways to overcome those disappointments and work with people to overcome those disappointments. We’ll continue to do that the next couple months and make sure that everything is in as good of shape as possible for John to take the reins.'"

So his biggest regret is that other people were disappointed when they didn’t win.

What a chode.

Shocking Ron would give a nothing answer to that question

John is walking around the tailgate engaging with fans. Taking pics and genuinely interested in who we are and what we're doing. He just seems to get it.

Manning is still our basketball coach.

John is walking around the tailgate engaging with fans. Taking pics and genuinely interested in who we are and what we're doing. He just seems to get it.

Tell him to do his damn job and fire Manning.

My jury is still out but must note all these marketing angles by him for tonight are a big step in the right direction.

Back