Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: House Investigations: Mnuchin breaks anti-corruption law, won’t release Trumps taxes

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    This is true -- they also cheat to win, while still claiming the moral high ground. I'm now sadly convinced that the only way to beat them is play the same dirty game.
    No. Democrats haven't even tried to play a legal offense yet. It may be too late.

Quote Originally Posted by WFFaithful View Post
    Democrats are too worried about what the Republican media will say about them. It doesn't matter what Democrats say or do, the Republican media will portray them as evil.
    Call it the Chuck Schumer strategy. Play by the old rules as if it's still the 1980s, keep working to "negotiate" and "compromise" with your GOP opponents to get something done in Congress, and then act surprised when Mitch McConnell and other Congressional Republicans break all the old rules and beat your brains in over and over again, all while laughing in your face. In response, you shake your head sadly, wring your hands nervously, and as if addressing a spoiled child, basically say "tsk, tsk". Watch timidly as Republicans continue to outfox and outmaneuver and trash-talk you while you're too scared to call out their behavior or stand and fight, lest Fox News or other right-wing media say nasty things about you, or you become a "controversial" figure. Afterwards, you then wonder why you keep losing elections to these clowns. Rinse, repeat.
    Last edited by Highland Deac; 06-06-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Meanwhile the leading Dem contender says he’ll just win and then the Republicans will play by the rules again.

Robert O'Kelley

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Meanwhile the leading Dem contender says he’ll just win and then the Republicans will play by the rules again.
    There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Maybe Rudy can move to Rikers and be Manafort's cellie.

Jesus Christ, Republicans are going back for more dirt from Putin (et al)? This shit is insane...

republicans and dirty little bitches

Meanwhile, Democrats sit around shrugging shoulders and twiddling thumbs afraid they might offend Sean Hannity.

Robert O'Kelley
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    That’s a fair recounting.

But I don’t get this part...

The Republican-controlled Senate will almost certainly not vote to remove Trump from office no matter how convincing the evidence of his criminality. But the process of impeachment by the House and a trial by the Senate would undercut the idea that prosecution is equivalent to partisanship. It would be a vivid illustration that American presidents – Republicans as well as Democrats – are bound by the rule of law and the US constitution.
    If the Senate Pubs fail to convict in spite of good evidence of obstruction, how would that not be a triumph of partisanship over the rule of law?
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!

Doesn’t matter if the Democrats just let them get away with it.

Subpoenas mean nothing if not enforced.

Maybe they should skip the subpoenas and go to the regular poenas