• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

House Investigations: Impeachment inquiry is officially on

House Investigations: Mnuchin breaks anti-corruption law, won’t release Trumps taxes

Dems want to have the committees doing their shows in the late spring-summer. If they have any brains, they will feature the millions Trump has directed to his companies. The billions Jared has gotten from MBS and others. They will go over all the Russian events on TV in the summer.

Doing it now would have little impact.

Little impact, except, you know, upholding the rule of law and the constitution.

Yep. Every day they don’t do something normalizes this. Every day they claim there isn’t enough to impeach means what’s happened so far is just fine.

Little impact, except, you know, upholding the rule of law and the constitution.

Since we know the Senate won't convict, the best way to uphold the rule of law would be to show the public what has happened. The public will be paying much more attention next year.

Meanwhile, Democrats are arguing about whether Elizabeth Warren is likable enough to get elected.

Democrats are arguing about who Trump supporters will like more. Meanwhile Republicans could care less what anybody but them thinks.

Historian: “Why didn’t you stop right wing fascism when you had the chance?”

2019 House Dem: “Well, the polls said...”

This guy better get his shit together. Contempt of Congress has a five statute of limitations. If Trump loses, he can still be charged.

Trump doesn't have a clue who he is. So, he won't get a pardon.

CNN paid this guy to appear on its network for months. Hopefully they've learned something.

The Judiciary, Oversight and Intelligence Committees need to start fining these guys for not showing up or for using BS, illegal excuses for not testifying or lying to them. The first instance should cost them $10,000. Each subsequent day or violation should be $25,000. I'm guessing this nonsense wouldn't continue for much longer.

This would take Barr and the DOJ out of the loop.

But Dems are too fucking weak to do the right thing.

The Judiciary, Oversight and Intelligence Committees need to start fining these guys for not showing up or for using BS, illegal excuses for not testifying or lying to them. The first instance should cost them $10,000. Each subsequent day or violation should be $25,000. I'm guessing this nonsense wouldn't continue for much longer.

This would take Barr and the DOJ out of the loop.

But Dems are too fucking weak to do the right thing.

I know you're not reading this, and probably don't care, but the fine for contempt of Congress is no more than $100,000, which I'm sure some wealthy Republican donor would be glad to pay many times over just to rub Nadler's nose in it.

Make Barr take a stance on these. When he declines to prosecute any of them, impeach him. Who cares if he isn't removed? It will show how corrupt Trump is.

Back