• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP - Report Duke Blue Devils - Tuesday ESPN 7 pm

Find it interesting that Childress almost pulled off the exact same shot from the exact same spot that his father hit over Grant Hill in Durham the last time Wake won there.

Interesting.

Find it interesting that Childress almost pulled off the exact same shot from the exact same spot that his father hit over Grant Hill in Durham the last time Wake won there.

Interesting.

Under Odom, we won 5 in a row in Cameron. Also, 9 overall in a row against Duke. The last win was without Randolph, in 1997, Duncan's last year.

Interesting.

That wasn’t the last Wake win in Cameron, Mr. HPU

Again Barrett was 6-14 from FT's, any reason we let him get any shots off? He was 11-17 from 2, 0-6 from 3.

Forget the time Hoard played or didn't play, he was not in the game even when he was in it. I think in on sequence he threw the ball away on offense, should have been called for a reach on the dookie that was racing the other way, then let his man take and make an open 3 while he sulked back on defense.

kay's plan to save DM's job failed.

Just to address the last 7 seconds, when Wake has a time-out remaining. Did anyone else see one of Wake’s assistant coaches signaling a time-out to DM? He just looked at him and shrugged it off and turned around and the chaotic play ensued. I think it might have been Randolph.

Proud of the boys tonight. Gave me some hope for the future with a new coach. Felt like a normal, although heartbreaking, Wake Forest basketball game. That’s the life of a true Wake fan. Go Deacs!

Just to address the last 7 seconds, when Wake has a time-out remaining. Did anyone else see one of Wake’s assistant coaches signaling a time-out to DM? He just looked at him and shrugged it off and turned around and the chaotic play ensued. I think it might have been Randolph.

Proud of the boys tonight. Gave me some hope for the future with a new coach. Felt like a normal, although heartbreaking, Wake Forest basketball game. That’s the life of a true Wake fan. Go Deacs!

The scary truth might be that Manning had no idea what to do or say if they’d have called TO

And Timmy D never lost at Cameron.

Wake's mid 90's win streak against Duke started on Feb 13, 1993 when Rodney scored 35 in Cameron. The next year we beat Duke in Cameron when Randolph hit the game winning three over Grant Hill. We beat them in the Joel that year too. Then in 1995 we won both games plus one in the Tourney (came back from a 31-13 deficit with Childress scoring 30. Two wins in 1996 and one more at Cameron in 1997. Nine straight. Duncan only lost to Duke once in his Wake career.

Wake's mid 90's win streak against Duke started on Feb 13, 1993 when Rodney scored 35 in Cameron. The next year we beat Duke in Cameron when Randolph hit the game winning three over Grant Hill. We beat them in the Joel that year too. Then in 1995 we won both games plus one in the Tourney (came back from a 31-13 deficit with Childress scoring 30. Two wins in 1996 and one more at Cameron in 1997. Nine straight. Duncan only lost to Duke once in his Wake career.
Chill scored 40 vs Duke in the first round game in 1995.

As I recall, Duncan struggled against Greg Newton, no?

Perhaps Brandon was trying to duplicate his Dad's winning shot? Or maybe it was a pass?

Moved up 20 spots in KenPom with that L!

Danny needs to go bullshit on the refs...but he's too much of a pussy...

You supported both Danny and [Redacted] longer than almost anyone else and then you say this.

Idiots like you are the reason Wake has been in this mess for 9 years.

Too much whining.....Not sure how y'all missed all the shit plays by Hoard in the second half and the missed layups and tips around the rim by just about everybody else. Without Brandon Childress we're not in this game. The DM hate is making y'all blind. The truth is Duke has much more talented players who made just enough plays to win on their home floor on senior night. We actually played pretty good defense imo but missed all our key shots, Hoard bricked FT's, and the refs didn't help us. It's a tough loss, but a good effort by our players and staff. That's it. I didn't see the Cuse game so I can't comment on that, but over the second half of the season our inability to score the ball is the overriding problem. Teams that win generally have a player who makes the critical play on offense or defense, and we haven't had that ALL YEAR. Our guys have not quit on DM or themselves, but they aren't nearly as good as their star ratings and thus aren't good enough to win much in our very good league. Dream all you want about a new coach doing something much improved with this group in 2018-19, but that's pure fallacy. BTW, none of these guys is even qualified to carry a ballbag in the NBA. Don't worry, they should all be back no matter who the coach is.

Too much whining.....Not sure how y'all missed all the shit plays by Hoard in the second half and the missed layups and tips around the rim by just about everybody else. Without Brandon Childress we're not in this game. The DM hate is making y'all blind. The truth is Duke has much more talented players who made just enough plays to win on their home floor on senior night. We actually played pretty good defense imo but missed all our key shots, Hoard bricked FT's, and the refs didn't help us. It's a tough loss, but a good effort by our players and staff. That's it. I didn't see the Cuse game so I can't comment on that, but over the second half of the season our inability to score the ball is the overriding problem. Teams that win generally have a player who makes the critical play on offense or defense, and we haven't had that ALL YEAR. Our guys have not quit on DM or themselves, but they aren't nearly as good as their star ratings and thus aren't good enough to win much in our very good league. Dream all you want about a new coach doing something much improved with this group in 2018-19, but that's pure fallacy. BTW, none of these guys is even qualified to carry a ballbag in the NBA. Don't worry, they should all be back no matter who the coach is.

The one constant is that Fusion Dad always has bad takes. This poster is amazing. Being always wrong is almost as hard as being always right.

Childress had a great second half, but man he threw up a couple of bricks in crunch time.

Back