• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP - Report Duke Blue Devils - Tuesday ESPN 7 pm

Given recent events, we will either play the best game of the season or we will lay down and Duke can win by as many as they wish.

I think Duke wins by as many as they wish.

Given recent events, we will either play the best game of the season or we will lay down and Duke can win by as many as they wish.

Sadly those two outcomes arent mutually exclusive

Serious question, how many duke games have shown on ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU this year and how many more is that number than any other team in the history of televised college basketball?

Edited to add: 23 out of 30 on ESPN, 4 on ESPN2; 1 on CBS, 2 on Raycom, wow!

Last edited:
I think it is finally safe to root for wins again.

At the end of [Redacted]’s tenure when we were improved but still god awful we somehow beat dook. I always suspected K laid down for that one in a last ditch effort to keep [Redacted] around. This time, we’re so historically noncompetitive that his trick has no chance, so K might beat us by 50

If you want to see something sad/comical, take a look at Joey Baker's minutes in the three games since K pulled his red shirt because "he needed more shooting". Particularly the last game against Miami, where they had a 28 point lead at halftime and went on to win by thirty.

We can play our best game of the season, hell the best game of the past 10 years....and have Duke play their worst game EVER under K. Duke would still win by 20.

We can play our best game of the season, hell the best game of the past 10 years....and have Duke play their worst game EVER under K. Duke would still win by 20.

I think Duke would have a difficult time keeping the margin under 20 if they wanted to do so. I'm thinking of a much higher #: like 35-40.

Zion should come back to use us as a warmup game. Its like tooling up on some AAA baseball team before going back to the majors.

Yea, I could see him going out there for about 5 minutes per half just to see how he feels before the final ACC matchup in Chapel Hill.

Line has dropped a whole point to 25.5.

Serious question, how many duke games have shown on ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU this year and how many more is that number than any other team in the history of televised college basketball?

Edited to add: 23 out of 30 on ESPN, 4 on ESPN2; 1 on CBS, 2 on Raycom, wow!

We've only played 29 games -- so you must be counting BOTH ESPN AND RAYCOM for the UNC game, since it was televised on both networks (and will be again on Saturday). So you see, things are even worse than you think: We're televised more times than we play!

Last edited:
Back