• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP - Report Duke Blue Devils - Tuesday ESPN 7 pm

Pilchard

Reaction score
Once again, there will be no KP report on WF at Duke basketball game set for tomorrow because: a) the game will be non-competitive, b) if Zion farts, ESPN breaks it down, so no reason to "analyze" the over-exposed opponent.

Particulars: Duke is 25-4 (13-3). KP projects a 29 point Blue Devil win (91-62). "Historically competitive" WF has a 0.4% chance to pull the upset. Duke is 2-2 in the games that Zion has missed (IIRC, 3 of the 4 have gone under), but they are coming off a dominating 30 point win over deflated Miami. This is senior night for Duke, but Duke's only senior is Antonio Vrankovic - a Zagreb native with garbage minutes in 14 Duke blowouts. If K starts Vrakovic, he will be instructed to take out Sarr's bum ankle. Pure class.

So, for those taking in this glorified exhibition game on ESPN's mother-ship channel, the night will drone on with over-the-top reminisces recounting all of the great times spent watching Duke's heralded 4 freshman grow from boys to men over their last 118 days in Durham. Pure emotion as the Duke program is all about STUDENT-athletes and K's everlasting love "for his guys". In about a month, this foursome can sign their lucrative Nike endorsement contracts and start making it rain. Yet, we all know that they play for the love the game and for those snotty "Crazies" from their affluent New Jersey enclaves.

usatsi_7596003.jpg

Yes, Cam, Tre and RJ love to party with you.

If Williamson sits this one out, get ready for the "Zion Cam" as we can't miss a minute of praise for him as such an amazing teammate cheering for his team as if "the chosen one" is the first to root for his team while sitting on the bench. Gag.

If Williamson sits this one out, get ready for the "Zion Cam" as we can't miss a minute of praise for him as such an amazing teammate cheering for his team as if "the chosen one" is the first to root for his team while sitting on the bench. Gag.

Still better than the Mooney Cam.

Is there any way this isn't (very) ugly early?

I mean, we could lose 100-40 and it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Expecting 20+ turnovers and lots of Duke dunks.

Won't be watching. Nope. Just can't do it.

We had more turnovers (23) than made field goals (17) vs. Syracuse.

That's a pretty rare thing, right? (we managed the feat at least one other time this year, at Clemson).

I feel like if Duke tries, we're almost a certainty to do this again

Never cared less about a Wake-Duke game. And yet I’m finally not saying that with a note of depression.

BC will be going up against one of the best defensive PGs in the nation. Should make for another awful stat line, unless he plays well in the second half, down 24.

i'll watch. sadly i've watched every other game that i had access to this season. this time, i will be watching with hope and joy. they'll still get their brains beat in but "redacted two" is damn near done. the light at the end of the tunnel was not an oncoming train. hope or fool's hope?

At today's presser, K sounded optimistic about Zion returning for tomorrow's game. Essentially, a "shake the rust-off" effort before playing UNC on Saturday.

Childress with a late 3 ... Wake 95 - Duke 94 ...

Yeah not happening ... Duke 107 - Wake 59

Zion should come back to use us as a warmup game. Its like tooling up on some AAA baseball team before going back to the majors.

i feel like i can root for these boys whole-heartily for the first time in a long time

Back