• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official AOC Corruption Thread: #SquadGoals

I think the argument is that we keep judging people based on things that were not even thought about in today’s context, so in that regard the points are being made completely out of context.

So? Understanding how bad policy impacts our lives is important.

it's OK to say that FDR's policies were racist and that we should try to be better 80 years later. we don't really need to debate FDR at this point.

more distraction from the troll farms

And it's not like FDR just whipped the New Deal of of his back pocket, which helped create the socal safety net that protects so many disadvantaged Americans. He actually had to have a bill passed by the House of Representatives and the Senate.

So examining the impact of a policy 80 years later, with tons of hindsight, without considering the realities of the time when the policy was created, and everything else included in the policy, is, in m opinion, a little dishonest.

And it's not like FDR just whipped the New Deal of of his back pocket, which helped create the socal safety net that protects so many disadvantaged Americans. He actually had to have a bill passed by the House of Representatives and the Senate.

So examining the impact of a policy 80 years later, with tons of hindsight, without considering the realities of the time when the policy was created, and everything else included in the policy, is, in m opinion, a little dishonest.

do you think that's her intention or the intention of the soundbite-reproducing critics

do you think that's her intention or the intention of the soundbite-reproducing critics

I don't think either side intends to re-examine FDR, The New Deal, its actual efficacy, its enduring legacy, or its racial components. But for her to say FDR shouldn't be revered because The New Deal included redlining is pretty dumb imo.

It's almost like there's a cabal of wicked and greedy people who don't really want us to understand or solve problems in a way that benefits society.

TITCR to pretty much everything in politics. That's the conclusion I'm coming to anyway.

Official AOC Corruption Thread: Welcome To The Swamp It Gets Worse Here Everyday

:tinfoilhat:

ITT I learned catamount thinks the wealthy and power wants what’s best for everyone and not just themselves.

ITT I also learned that examining the impact of policy 80 years later is bad.

ITT I learned catamount thinks the wealthy and power wants what’s best for everyone and not just themselves.

ITT I also learned that examining the impact of policy 80 years later is bad.
Everyone is looking out for their best interests, but thinking there is some elitist cabal of global organizers conspiring to keep people from bettering society is the core belief of every wackjob conspiracy theorist ever.

So what part do you disagree with? Do you disagree that there are wicked and greedy people? Do you disagree that they work together? Or do you disagree that they’re aren’t working to better society?

Everyone is looking out for their best interests, but thinking there is some elitist cabal of global organizers conspiring to keep people from bettering society is the core belief of every wackjob conspiracy theorist ever.

We don't think they are elitist, but you just described the GOP

Back