• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official AOC Corruption Thread: #SquadGoals

So what’s your point, Biff?

I made my point earlier. The New Deal was a huge piece of legislation that was negotiated through Congress. FDR didn't sit down in the Oval Office one night and look for new ways to fuck over black people while writing legislation that would ultimately help protect this nation's most vulneralbe citizens.

Now, her Reagan remarks were pretty spot-on, especially considering Laura Ingraham worked as a speechwriter for him.

j/k. No evidence that Biffnelius J. Tannen came over on the Mayflower.

:tinfoilhat:

TELEMMGLPICT000138083359_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqLfD0EOB5CEFXzCF_NHe0S8zg6NlZ2-aGbyIcXcVFyEI.jpeg

(edit: trying to find the right sized image)

Last edited:
You would love this website.

Infowars.com

you will find tons of like minded people there. Enjoy.

lol dude you are a manchild if you don't think the most wealthy and influential people in America (and the world) have not organized their wealth and influence to structure the system to, as you put it, "look out for themselves" - which, in most cases, is not looking out for the rest of society. What more evidence do you need?

Last edited:
I made my point earlier. The New Deal was a huge piece of legislation that was negotiated through Congress. FDR didn't sit down in the Oval Office one night and look for new ways to fuck over black people while writing legislation that would ultimately help protect this nation's most vulneralbe citizens.

Now, her Reagan remarks were pretty spot-on, especially considering Laura Ingraham worked as a speechwriter for him.

Right. So what's your point? Are you claiming FDR and Congress weren't looking out for the interests of white people at the expense of black people back in the 1930s?

lol dude you are a manchild if you don't think the most wealthy and influential people in America (and the world) have not organized their wealth and influence to structure the system to, as you put it, "look out for themselves" - which, in most cases, is not looking out for the rest of society. What more evidence do you need?

He makes a decent living selling urinal cakes or whatever, and therefore has a BKF-like pride in crony capitalism and money hoarding.

Right. So what's your point? Are you claiming FDR and Congress weren't looking out for the interests of white people at the expense of black people back in the 1930s?

Obviously FDR doesn't deserve all of the blame for it and redlining's been illegal for 50 years, or 20 years longer than when it was made policy.

Obviously FDR doesn't deserve all of the blame for it and redlining's been illegal for 50 years, or 20 years longer than when it was made policy.

Who says fdr deserves all the blame? I have heard plenty say that fdr deserves the credit for the new deal tho.

So what's your point? You acknowledge that redlining is bad. Why defend it?

So what's your point? You acknowledge that redlining is bad. Why defend it?

I think the point is that we should be criticizing the policy and not the person. Who ever wrote that article framed AOC's comments to highlight the FDR personal criticism and now the conversation is about whether FDR was a racist or some shit. From a modern perspective FDR was highly imperfect, but at the time he was extremely progressive. Almost everyone was racist back then, even Atticus Finch. Getting side tracked into questioning FDR's personal legacy distracts from productive conservation to try and learn from past mistakes.

The problem is that everyone and their mother has thoughts about and is parsing every single thing AOC says, and everyone should stop doing that right now because it's obnoxious.

AOC IS CRITICIZING EVERY AMERICAN INSTITUTION AND SHE'S BASICALLY A DUMB TEENAGE GIRL AMIRITE? ? !11!!

Back