• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official AOC Corruption Thread: #SquadGoals

How dare you call the majority of her base "dumb!" OUTRAGE!

Not ignorant..but rather numb to any ideas outside what they have learned in one segment of American society. Abrasive and sneering at times, haughty and condescending at others..

So not “dumb” as in ignorance..but rather “dumb” in the sense of being in a general state of unknowing.

Every time I hear older generations attacking Millennials (and whether they're actually older or not, they certainly always sound like they are) as uniquely dumb, lazy, spoiled, and entitled, I always think of BKF and his endless rants against the spoiled, worthless, and entitled younger generation. These worthless younger folk were so unlike bkf's own virtuous baby boomers, who had to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and work like dogs for all of the great success they earned all by themselves. Until, that is, we learned that a good deal of his success came from inheriting his father-in-law's company at something like 27, and inheriting his in-law's house about a decade later. LOL. To be fair to bkf, I know a good many boomers, and some Gen X'ers, who are the same way - they bitch and moan about worthless Millennials and younger folk in general, and how they don't have a clue about "real life", yet I know for a fact that many of these older folks got plenty of freebies and handouts from parents and in-laws on their way up, including more or less free homes, job offers, and loans. Some did come up the hard way, but plenty more did not. Yet to listen to them their generation is a bunch of wise old sages who just know everything about everything.

Every time I hear older generations attacking Millennials (and whether they're actually older or not, they certainly always sound like they are) as uniquely dumb, lazy, spoiled, and entitled, I always think of BKF and his endless rants against the spoiled, worthless, and entitled younger generation. These worthless younger folk were so unlike bkf's own virtuous baby boomers, who had to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and work like dogs for all of the great success they earned all by themselves. Until, that is, we learned that a good deal of his success came from inheriting his father-in-law's company at something like 27, and inheriting his in-law's house about a decade later. LOL. To be fair to bkf, I know a good many boomers, and some Gen X'ers, who are the same way - they bitch and moan about worthless Millennials and younger folk in general, and how they don't have a clue about "real life", yet I know for a fact that many of these older folks got plenty of freebies and handouts from parents and in-laws on their way up, including more or less free homes, job offers, and loans. Some did come up the hard way, but plenty more did not. Yet to listen to them their generation is a bunch of wise old sages who just know everything about everything.
meh, as someone who is a millennial I feel like I can call our bullshit out.

meh, as someone who is a millennial I feel like I can call our bullshit out.

So, you agree that your generation is dumber, lazier, and more entitled than older generations who ridicule you, and that they are indeed superior to Millennials? Cause that's what they seem to think.

millennials gave us facebook. fuck you millennials.

As the board’s resident young person, I do not recognize catamount and his claims of being a millennial. Y’all can have him, boomers.

Young-ish conservative identifies more with older, whiter generation - NEWS AT 11

:tinfoilhat:

hThe charges also underscored how college admissions have become so cutthroat and competitive that some have sought to break the rules. The authorities say the parents of some of the nation’s wealthiest and most privileged students sought to buy spots for their children at top universities, not only cheating the system, but potentially cheating other hard-working students out of a chance at a college education./QUOTE]

hThe charges also underscored how college admissions have become so cutthroat and competitive that some have sought to break the rules. The authorities say the parents of some of the nation’s wealthiest and most privileged students sought to buy spots for their children at top universities, not only cheating the system, but potentially cheating other hard-working students out of a chance at a college education./QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you're quoting, but let's not overdo it. Everyone of these kids who got in was going to pay full tuition and was taking the place of another kid who was going to pay full tuition and ultimately paid full tuition someplace else. It's not like somebody didn't get to go to college because of this.

So, you agree that your generation is dumber, lazier, and more entitled than older generations who ridicule you, and that they are indeed superior to Millennials? Cause that's what they seem to think.
No, I just think we suck sometimes, just in different ways than previous generations.

I'm not sure what you're quoting, but let's not overdo it. Everyone of these kids who got in was going to pay full tuition and was taking the place of another kid who was going to pay full tuition and ultimately paid full tuition someplace else. It's not like somebody didn't get to go to college because of this.

Yeah but that other kid probably wasn’t a vapid Instagram model and other kid probably would have worked hard on the crew team and earned a degree.

Back