• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official AOC Corruption Thread: #SquadGoals

Yeah no clue what the fuck hypnotize means, so that’s another.

If you've ever heard the term "svengali", it's basically the same thing I think-it's from a work of English literature (title and author escape me). Thing is, if most people on this board haven't heard it, I'd bet anything that less than 5% of the Republicans calling her out had any idea what it referred to either. Liberal arts isn't one of their favorite areas of study.

It pisses me off that this bigot is stealing the attention from what matters, AOC rage. Can't lose sight of the real enemy because of one bigoted lose cannon.

I thought a Svengali was like a ladies man, a player. Had no idea it was Jewish.

If you've ever heard the term "svengali", it's basically the same thing I think-it's from a work of English literature (title and author escape me). Thing is, if most people on this board haven't heard it, I'd bet anything that less than 5% of the Republicans calling her out had any idea what it referred to either. Liberal arts isn't one of their favorite areas of study.

It was French literature from the 1600’s, I don’t remember the author. I had to look it up last time we discussed this a few weeks ago and shared a link at that time.

I would tend to think that she either knew what the connotation was or was parroting some older people who knew what the connotation was.

I would tend to think that she either knew what the connotation was or was parroting some older people who knew what the connotation was.

so most of the young people on here say they don't know what it means, what is your belief that she does?

no I didn't...she used a word, possibly just to quote a Biggie song
I think it is more likely when a muslim person uses a traditional jewish slur that they either knew the meaning or heard it from another that did. I think that is much more likely than from a 20 yr old rap song, but anything is possible.

Last edited:
I think it is more likely when a muslim person uses a traditional slur that they either knew the meaning or heard it from another. Biggie?

This totally misses the fact that in the Benjamins tweet she was dissing mostly Christian politicians who will do anything or take any position for money, not Jewish people.

I think it is more likely when a muslim person uses a traditional jewish slur that they either knew the meaning or heard it from another that did. I think that is much more likely than from a 20 yr old rap song, but anything is possible.

“All about the Benjamins” is a traditional Jewish slur?

It was French literature from the 1600’s, I don’t remember the author. I had to look it up last time we discussed this a few weeks ago and shared a link at that time.

English literature, it turns out. And the 1890s. Trilby, by George du Maurier, grandfather of the OG Daphne du Maurier.

But I didn't know the reference either. It's pretty obscure.

Back