• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official AOC Corruption Thread: #SquadGoals

Speaking of phrases I have no idea were a thing, what the hell does lubette mean?

Its been used in every third post by these weird old Trump cock suckers and every time I read it make me think about and old, fat sad man lubing himself up with generic petroleum jelly. Its really not a mental image I enjoy.

i mean, Svengali (the archetype, not the book) is referenced in Seinfeld. It's not obscure, exactly, except to people born after 1980, perhaps

Speaking of phrases I have no idea were a thing, what the hell does lubette mean?

Its been used in every third post by these weird old Trump cock suckers and every time I read it make me think about and old, fat sad man lubing himself up with generic petroleum jelly. Its really not a mental image I enjoy.

sailor has oh-so cleverly coined the term "lube" as a portmanteau of "left" and "rube." and now AOC is his "little red lubette."

Sailor made it up. He responded to being called a "rube" by labeling liberals on the board "lube". He's then taken this to is most natural conclusion by calling AOC a "lubette". genius is often difficult to appreciate in its historical context.

Birdman's "little boners" evidence of the diminished discourse.

Sailor made it up. He responded to being called a "rube" by labeling liberals on the board "lube". He's then taken this to is most natural conclusion by calling AOC a "lubette". genius is often difficult to appreciate in its historical context.

well stated. it’s an absolute brilliant piece of wordplay by sailor.

I'm a micro old and had no idea that hypnotize could be used in an offensive way until junebug and his best buddy RJ got the outrage machine fired up a few weeks ago. Maybe Rep. Omar is just an expert on jewish insults and knew exactly what she was doing, but I'd be a bit surprised if that was the case.

But the benjamins stuff and her most recent tweet are not, by contemporary American standards, anti-Semitic.

Birdman's "little boners" evidence of the diminished discourse.

Oh, come on!

I guess we can't all be as clever as sailor.

I’m surprised at the lack of cultural awareness of the Jewish hypnotist trope.

I must’ve learned it at one of my neo-nazi meetings.

I feel like I know a substantial amount of jewish folks and was completely unaware of it. Maybe I have just led a charmed life.

I've seen the imagery associated with Nazi era propaganda, but never would have associated hypnotism with Judaism unless it was pointed out.

I also just cannot for one second understand how anti-semitism is a still thing. Jews are so integrated into Anglo (for lack of a better word) society that I have literally no idea what their differences are anymore.

I've seen the imagery associated with Nazi era propaganda, but never would have associated hypnotism with Judaism unless it was pointed out.

I also just cannot for one second understand how anti-semitism is a still thing. Jews are so integrated into Anglo (for lack of a better word) society that I have literally no idea what their differences are anymore.

this is...not accurate

Seems like too much effort for the lazy sacks of shits that are neo nazis, like I understand for historical purposes they need to hate Jewish people but much harder identifiers than just hating Hispanic and black people.

Yeah, if neo-Nazis were doing a better job of spreading their hate through sterotypes, tropes, and insults, we'd be much more aware of what we're supposed to be offended by.

Absolutely comical that the Dem party has labeled everything they disagree with as "Nazi" since Trump was elected but now doesn't have the balls to call out the blatant anti-Semitism within their party.

And not only do they not have the balls to call it out... they are flailing around and spinning it as no big deal.

I guess the Dem party is tolerant after all...

Did you not see Charlottesville?

Absolutely comical that the Dem party has labeled everything they disagree with as "Nazi" since Trump was elected but now doesn't have the balls to call out the blatant anti-Semitism within their party.

And not only do they not have the balls to call it out... they are flailing around and spinning it as no big deal.

I guess the Dem party is tolerant after all...

It's already been called out way more than it should be because of right wing fake outrage machine. You're full of shit, as usual, saying it hasn't been -- and despite the fact that it was not anti-Semitic at all. In the meantime, hate crimes by white supremacists are up, and McCarthy, Jordan, Steve King, and Trump get away with their blatant anti-Semitism and support for white supremacy. I don't know why dems allow themselves to be suckered into this bullshit.

Did you not see Charlottesville?

Swing and a miss

You missed my point completely. I was stating that I have no idea how anti-semitism is still a thing, as I see no cultural differences between Jews and other whites.

Rep James Clyburn (Majority Whip) attempts to downplay the Holocaust to defend Omar and her comments.

Go team... GO!!!!!

As Democrats line up to defend Rep. Ilhan Omar and come up with her excuses for her anti-Semitism, House Majority Whip Rep. James Clyburn, D-S.C., tried to minimize her comments by arguing that she escaped violence in Somalia, so her experience was "more personal" than Jews who merely had parents survive the Holocaust.

The Hill reports, "Clyburn came to Omar’s defense Wednesday, lamenting that many of the media reports surrounding the recent controversy have omitted mentioning that Omar, who was born in Somalia, had to flee the country to escape violence and spent four years in a Kenyan refugee camp before coming to the United States."

The article quotes Clyburn as saying, “There are people who tell me, ‘Well, my parents are Holocaust survivors.’ ‘My parents did this.’ It’s more personal with her ... I’ve talked to her, and I can tell you she is living through a lot of pain.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/jim-clyburns-defense-ilhan-omars-experience-is-more-personal-than-jews-who-had-parents-in-the-holocaust

Back