• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official AOC Corruption Thread: #SquadGoals

Is it possible to have a strategic ally and also scrutinize the alliance simultaneously? Holy shit

Airport drunk shaking my head at my phone

So let’s just be clear, when talking about American policy towards Israel, we are not allowed to talk about money or misplaced loyalty. So how do we criticize the way ginormous amounts of lobbying money influences our money hungry politicians into having blind loyalty for the Israeli government without appearing to be anti-Semitic? It’s a fucked up system, worthy of criticism.

No one seems to be offended except anti defamation league, Pelosi and the old guard, and you. All of them have a vested interest in preserving the hands-off approach to Israel because of their powerful lobby. Why are you offended by her choice of words so much? And really, why do you care if Israel gets their asses chapped about new young congresspeople bringing the subtrufuge about Israel to the surface? I’m honestly trying to understand.
ITT: WASPs tell a Jewish guy when he should or shouldn’t be concerned about anti Semitism

Do we question the loyalty of Americans of Irish ancestry? Italian? Australian? Moroccan? Norwegian?

For the nth time, challenging policies of Israel does not make you anti-Semetic. Questioning the loyalty of American Jews does. Just as it would be bigotry if you questioned the loyalty of American Catholics or Muslims or Hindus due to their religion.

Last edited:
Do we question the loyalty of Americans of Irish ancestry? Italian? Australian? Moroccan? Norwegian?

For the nth time, challenging policies of Israel does not make you anti-Semetic. Questioning the loyalty of American Jews does. Just as it would be bigotry if you questioned the loyalty of American Catholics or Muslims or Hindus due to their religion.

Please show me, specifically, where she questions the loyalty of American Jews.

I don't think the questioning of dual loyalty of American jews is in and of itself antisemitic (if it occurred in this case, I can't even remember the actual comments at this point) - particularly given the mountain of cash that we give to Israel every year. I suppose it's more antisemitic than simply attacking the AIPAC and conservatives at large who as obsessed with Israel (the former due to Jewish tie ins and belief in an existential crisis in the Middle East, the latter more because Israel acts as a foil for Islam in the region).

I thought conservatives like Israel because it’s the birthplace of Jesus and they’ve built walls to keep much of the Muslim population out

She was questioning the loyalty of American Politicians, not necessarily Jewish ones...many of them are likely Christian.

And for the record, when Kennedy ran for president, they did question whether he’d be loyal to the Vatican over the US.

She was questioning the loyalty of American Politicians, not necessarily Jewish ones...many of them are likely Christian.

And for the record, when Kennedy ran for president, they did question whether he’d be loyal to the Vatican over the US.

And when Obama ran for president, they did question whether he'd be loyal to only black people over the rest of the US.

She's not even doing that -- she was asking why SHE is expected to pledge allegiance to Israel, which is exactly what this ridiculous uproar is insisting that she do. The uproar is proving her point.

Back