• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Fate of RChildress107

How about DManning13 for the 13 wins per season he's averaged.

I would refuse to accept ITC’s pardon though, even if he were willing to give it.

I’d be down for a Purge situation though, where I come back every ACCT Tuesday and tell you all how hysterical and illogical you all were during the previous year.

I would refuse to accept ITC’s pardon though, even if he were willing to give it.

I’d be down for a Purge situation though, where I come back every ACCT Tuesday and tell you all how hysterical and illogical you all were during the previous year.

Ever the rebellious contrarian...right down to the bitter end. Oh well?

Guy bets that Wake will be an 8 seed or higher in NCAA Tournament, then accuses others of being illogical.

Yes, this

Guy bets that Wake will be an 8 seed or higher in NCAA Tournament, then accuses others of being illogical.

Several people have stated recently that this roster would be a 20 win team with Crawford and Moore, generally to no objection. I wanted to make the bet contingent on a tournament appearance but had to go as high as an 8 seed because that’s what it took to get someone to take me up on the bet. The fact that I had to go that high was evidence a lot of posters, including you, weren’t nearly as confident in their “bold” predictions as they were pretending to be. Which was the whole point of the bet in the first place. I don’t regret making the bet in the slightest.

Several people have stated recently that this roster would be a 20 win team with Crawford and Moore, generally to no objection. I wanted to make the bet contingent on a tournament appearance but had to go as high as an 8 seed because that’s what it took to get someone to take me up on the bet. The fact that I had to go that high was evidence a lot of posters, including you, weren’t nearly as confident in their “bold” predictions as they were pretending to be. Which was the whole point of the bet in the first place. I don’t regret making the bet in the slightest.

Several people have stated recently that this roster would be a 20 win team with Crawford and Moore, generally to no objection.

Those people are either also illogical, or are implying that it would require an actual coach in addition to those two.

No, people didn't make a bet with you because there's literally no reward in the bet if won.

Those people are either also illogical, or are implying that it would require an actual coach in addition to those two.

No fucking joke. If actually made that is a dumber argument than even the one that has brought RChill to this fate, as we have further evidence of Manning's complete ineptitude

Banned unless we hire Brad Stevens or Rick Barnes. No, I have no idea. I'm kinda on the fence on this and I don't even really care for NoChill, but if we just ban him from talking about Kenpom and get a public admission that he is wrong about the impact of a coach on team defense, motivation and other such intangibles, then maybe he can stay. He seems pretty much on point generally speaking but has been a smug, condescending Wellman w/r/t Danny Manning vis a vis Bzdoofus etc.

RChill ain't apologizing. Not his style. Will defend up until the door is nailed shut.

They were certainly implying the latter. My argument has always been that given enough talent, Manning can roughly approximate an actual coach. I only have one data point, but still.

How would you rate our roster in 2016-17? Top 25? Top 20? Top 15?!

Seeing as how we had the #3 rated player since the advent of ESPN's performance database, I'd rate it pretty damn high

No, people didn't make a bet with you because there's literally no reward in the bet if won.

The reward was getting me off the sports board, which people have been posting excitedly about for almost a year. If people thought there was no reward, this thread wouldn’t exist.

Back