• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Currie on the DG Show at like 1:35

Not to be that guy, but Currie didn't exactly have a ton of bargaining power here. There weren't other power conference schools knocking down his door to give him $500k+ to be the AD.

Currie wasn't about to starve. He has about $2.5 million Tennessee dollars in his bank account.

Currie wasn't about to starve. He has about $2.5 million Tennessee dollars in his bank account.

Of course not. But this was also his only shot at a job that pays this well for the foreseeable future.

Not to be that guy, but Currie didn't exactly have a ton of bargaining power here. There weren't other power conference schools knocking down his door to give him $500k+ to be the AD.

I hear that. But I still don't think Currie would want to walk into a situation where he is handcuffed on day one to a potential [redacted] 3.0 and has to take all the heat for 3.0's failures, while Wellman is gone sipping prune juice and getting denture-free bjs behind the shuffleboard court at the retirement home.

I hear that. But I still don't think Currie would want to walk into a situation where he is handcuffed on day one to a potential [redacted] 3.0 and has to take all the heat for 3.0's failures, while Wellman is gone sipping prune juice and getting denture-free bjs behind the shuffleboard court at the retirement home.

I don’t think anyone is worried that Wellman is making the hire at this point.

I think the question is whether Currie would walk into a situation where he’s handcuffed with Manning for another year but is absolved from all the heat because it was Wellman’s decision.

I don’t think anyone is worried that Wellman is making the hire at this point.

I think the question is whether Currie would walk into a situation where he’s handcuffed with Manning for another year but is absolved from all the heat because it was Wellman’s decision.

That makes more sense. But if a good thing is not already going when a new AD starts, I would think he/she would want to remedy the problem as quickly as possible before it gets worse and is more difficult to fix.

That makes more sense. But if a good thing is not already going when a new AD starts, I would think he/she would want to remedy the problem as quickly as possible before it gets worse and is more difficult to fix.

Typically yes. But I can see the Wake brass reaching a compromise scenario that looks like this but with a better rollout and I can see why Currie would go along with it.

I don’t think that’s what happened (I certainly hope not). And if you ignore the negative impact on revenue (which Wake seems good at) then there is a certain logic to it.

Back