• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did Danny Manning save his Job tonight?

While the effort tonight was awesome, there is no way in hell that Manning should still have a job coaching basketball at Wake Forest next year......period.

Hmm, Bzzz beat #19 UNC and #4 dook at home and won an ACCT game and finished above 500 for the season and won 6 ACC games and got fired after the season.

Why we know Manning is going to be fired. During the introduction of Currie as AD he was given multiple times credit for the hiring of Bruce Webber at K State. No other great hires were mentioned. I believe that is code for Currie can hire BB coaches. Why would they bring it up if they are not suggesting to the Wake faithful that he will be hiring a great BB coach.

Last night was as Good as a win for Wellman’s plan. Manning is golden. Just what wellman needed. Currie it's your problem May 1. Too late to override the plan to retain manning

Exactly what I said. Why would you not call a time out when you have been given a gift on your end of the floor with 7 seconds left.

Pretty sure k was out of timeouts and he didn't want him to have time to set his D. It was actually solid coaching- in the confusion duke players were stunned and Danny gathered his team to call a play. Now, the play was shit but the decision was solid.

Makes me wonder where that effort has been. Clearly Manning can't get it out of his team on a consistent basis.

From here on out Danny should just pretend and coach like every game is at dook- problem solved. :tard:

You guys... we almost won. Add in our fake-tournament appearance two years ago and Danny has us headed in the right direction!

I believe last night's improvement was due to the team playing more loosely and effectively because a new coach is on the way and pushing the transfer button is not as much of a factor.

I'm pretty sure the "improvement" such that it is during some of these games is largely danny checking out and actually letting nestor do a little coaching. Way too late of course and he still manages to... put his fingerprints all over these games.

Back