• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If we had won last night?

Worth the possibility Danny saved job?

• Heck yes, we haven't won at Duke since forever

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • No, bigger picture much more important

Votes: 38 61.3%
  • Maybe, would've been a heck of a party last night, but a terrible hangover

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
Would the win last night have been worth the worry that it might have saved Danny's job?

The decision has already been made. Capturing lightning in a bottle doesn’t change that. Someone pointed out yesterday that Bzdick managed to beat both UNC and duke in his last year and was still fired.

It would have gotten a 22 year monkey off our backs. Worrying about the slight chance it would have saved Manning's job is insane.

If that decision has not been made then those in charge will be screwing up the next hire anyway.

I don't think so. As others have said, redacted was still let go after beating Duke and UNC. And frankly, we should have won last night, but the lack of coaching caused us to chuck up a 3 when we were down 1 with the ball under the basket on the inbounds play. Remember the play Dino drew up in 2009 when we beat Duke?

A fluke win would (hopefully) change nothing. Depends on the stupidity of the decision-maker(s).

If we won, I would have celebrated........Big Time

After watching the game, (I was really pulling like hell for Wake) its obvious Danny deserves another year with this team. Cant believe the fanbase cant see that. With Manning back this team will compete for a top NCAA team.

Definitely the win since it wouldn’t have changed anything.

The only hope Manning has of keeping his job is Hatch or Wellman being involved in the decision and/or getting to 14/15 wins and landing Cole Anthony before Selection Sunday.

Back