• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Coaching Situation Thread No PM Jokes (PMs are a tired gag circa 2008)

Another reporter talking an 8-figure buyout. Blah. Fucking hell, Ron.

I would guess that all the buyout figures being reported are derived from the Goodman article. Everything about the buyout number I've seen has roots there.

recruits read these boards and hate the PM joke, guys

Probably not - but coach's agents may read them to see just how deranged the fan base is! The Appalachia-Bible Belt-Peter Millar crowd on these boards keeps me entertained.

Yeah I'm sure Wake has the only fanbase that says stupid shit on a messageboard, come on.

Probably not - but coach's agents may read them to see just how deranged the fan base is! The Appalachia-Bible Belt-Peter Millar crowd on these boards keeps me entertained.

Any agent would say "wow that's about the tamest fanbase in college sports"

Any agent would say "wow that's about the tamest fanbase in college sports"

Yup. Not to mention pointing to the worst hires list and showing how we are the only school to hang onto one for more than 3 seasons.

As the posters have stated above, but I'm reiterating.... Have you read other schools message boards? We are super tame comparatively. Tennessee fans literally rioted when Currie hired Schiano. Any other fan base would be tarring and feathering Emporer Wellman in the quad by now. Our fans let him go to games 9 years after destroying our flagship and he's virtually unmolested.

Another reporter talking an 8-figure buyout. Blah. Fucking hell, Ron.

Danny Manning has the best fucking agent ever. Parlaying a single appearance in the first four into an 8 figure guarantee...unbelievable.

Danny Manning has the best fucking agent ever. Parlaying a single appearance in the first four into an 8 figure guarantee...unbelievable.

Or the other side of the negotiating equation don't know their ass from their elbow. I'll leave it to you to judge which applies.

Back