• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Lectro Busy Biting His MyPillow !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having seen the contract of course, I'm assuming the buyout is whatever Manning's annual base salary is X the number of years remaining on his contract. He has 6 years left on his contract and is probably making at least $2m/year in base salary, so I'm guessing the buyout would be at least $12m. To me the biggest problem isn't the annual salary, but the fact we felt comfortable extending him until 2025. I get giving Jim Grobe a 10-year extension coming off an ACC title. Giving Manning a contract running until 2025 for getting us on the right side of the bubble is where Wellman fucked up.

I do not have a lot of time to type, but UC Boulder dealt with a similar buyout situation in NCCAF. For those interested, I would encourage you to go down that rabbit hole. In short, even in a world where buy outs are a mandatory win for the coach in negotiations, Danny "Hustle Bustle Bamboozler" Manning and his agent fucking pwnd Wake.

Also not sure how they leave out my dudes Miles Simon and Khalid Reeves, if we're going for dudes who lit it up in the tourney but didn't do much after. If that is the theme, even, which it seems to be.

Khalid Reeves was NASTY.

1994 Tourney. They went to the Final Four. He and Stoudamire ran shit.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/khalid-reeves-1/gamelog/1994/

Another Wildcat folk hero was Eugene Edgerson, who I just looked up and learned he took a year off of basketball to fulfill his student teaching duties as a kindergarten teacher

I loved Gene Edgerson and he had style and could go rebound a ball, but I will forever associate him with some tv spot they did where Josh Pastner tried to make it all him teaching Edgerson how to shoot FTs. One of the first signs Josh Pastner was totally full of shit and why I hate him and he is the worst.

You drop something at 5 on a Friday because you want to bury it, right? Or nah.

The first time I noticed Tracy Wolfson was when she was working the sideline that one tournament we started in Raleigh and still almost blew it. Say Hey and I bought tickets to that from someone on the boards. Crazy.

Just realized that our new Winston home is maybe a mile from Wellman’s. And I do like running through his neighborhood. Should I start spitting (and dispensing other liquids) on his property? Will that make me feel better?

Just realized that our new Winston home is maybe a mile from Wellman’s. And I do like running through his neighborhood. Should I start spitting (and dispensing other liquids) on his property? Will that make me feel better?

Yeah go jerk off there in broad daylight

That does sound exhilarating

Maybe I’ll start with a flaming bag though

I’m sorry, but who here actually thinks this man deserves a comfortable retirement in Winston. His life deserves to be made uncomfortable.

You drop something at 5 on a Friday because you want to bury it, right? Or nah.

Not really how it works anymore. Drop something big on Friday at 5 and social media obsesses about it all weekend until anything significant can happen on Monday morning.

It also probably prevents Trump from golfing this weekend? Which may be petty, but funny nonetheless.

Edit - nah, he golfed.

Last edited:
You guys are terrible

Just paying my respects to Tracy Wolfson, who has been working this beat for a long time and must surely be one of the best and most respected. Guessing she has had to put up with a lot of shit on the way.

That is a funny picture though. I wish we had gotten Tacko.

I am not a cook, but I go on these runs of loving cooking shows. Right now it’s New Scandanavian Cooking (a multi-season classic with different charming Scandanavian cooks) and How To Cook Well with Rory O’Connell. The hall of fame was Sunday afternoons back in the day with America’s Test Kitchen > Rick Bayless Mexico One Plate At A Time > Lidia’s Italy, but I don’t see those as often anymore.

We’ve been on a kick of watching Escape to the Continent, a British series about people retiring to live outside Britain in Europe, looking for houses. It’s 1000% more enjoyable than hgtv shows in that the brits have a hilarious sense about what makes good reality tv. In every ep they meet British ex-pats in the towns they’re looking for houses in and ask really arcane questions about tax laws and health insurance and public transport and stuff. Plus at the end of like 95% of eps the outcome is like “well this cemented it for us, we really enjoyed visiting” and they don’t end up buying a place. A real joy.

Somebody could write a pretty good tell-all book about Wake Forest basketball beginning with Skip’s death through the present. So many weird decisions and what-ifs during that time. El Chupe, get on it.

Somebody could write a pretty good tell-all book about Wake Forest basketball beginning with Skip’s death through the present. So many weird decisions and what-ifs during that time. El Chupe, get on it.

That might draw a slightly larger audience than my tell-all book about Wake Soccer from 1985 on. I’ll consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac
We’ve been on a kick of watching Escape to the Continent, a British series about people retiring to live outside Britain in Europe, looking for houses. It’s 1000% more enjoyable than hgtv shows in that the brits have a hilarious sense about what makes good reality tv. In every ep they meet British ex-pats in the towns they’re looking for houses in and ask really arcane questions about tax laws and health insurance and public transport and stuff. Plus at the end of like 95% of eps the outcome is like “well this cemented it for us, we really enjoyed visiting” and they don’t end up buying a place. A real joy.

is this on netflix because it sounds great. much better than the pretentious "greatest architecture in the world" show.

edited to add that the edit post function is seriously effed up here, and I still keep multiquoting crap from days ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back