• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Lectro Busy Biting His MyPillow !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk a single thing about what Pete Butt stands for but good for him for running for president

He’s impressive. He’s my #1 pick. I didn’t think I’d make a choice before the end of the year but he won me over.

It’s pretty cold of the selection committee to make Central have to play their classmates in the first round.

I don’t know all that much about Pete Butt - it’s more that I’m just intrigued that he doesn’t seem totally full of shit and is pretty bright.

Check out his interviews on 1A, Pod Save America, and Politics with Amy Walter. Those sold me on him. He’s the only one who actually gets the current state of politics and doesn’t just trust we will return to norms.

Lectro is a giant wuss first and foremost. And it’s long past time that he gets his own thread.

If you’re on the fence about Mayor Pete, check this out this performance with Ben Folds.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MPjoYhtk-sg

Reviewed here:
https://www.southbendtribune.com/en...cle_4edafe8c-bd02-57d2-ac1d-05b1f9533ce6.html

As a surprise, Folds was also joined on stage by South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who took on the song "Steven's Last Night in Town" while Folds sang vocals. Chants of "Pete! Pete! Pete!" erupted when Buttigieg took the stage.

"If you ever quit your day job, you've got rock star as backup," Folds told Buttigieg after the song.

A bit wary of the cult of personality thing with him and Beto but also recognize the appeal there.

Honestly even the cop candidates Kamala and Biden would just be so much better than we’ve had I’d be ok with whatever

“Cult of personality?” How so? People who like him like his politics based on interviews and his answers to tough questions.

Mike_Huckabee.jpg

“Cult of personality?” How so? People who like him like his politics based on interviews and his answers to tough questions.

Cmon, man. I’m sure it has nothing to do with the hype.

Can you name one thing that Beto O’Rourke stands for? One idea that’s compelling and original?

Chat Thread - Wonders Contained Within

I was talking about Pete. Pete is gaining popularity from his message and his willingness to answer tough questions.

Good quote from the recent WaPo article:

“He fields questions differently from most other candidates, leaning on numbers and context and maintaining a noteworthy willingness to answer “yes” or “no.””

Beto is clearly a cult of personality. Even more his popularity is a product of taking on probably the second most hated Republican in a state that would be a huge tipping point. Beto has to bring more to the table for a national run.

But I don’t think Beto has earned all this animosity. I wish he was running for Senate again but I think he’s getting way too much hate. If he still hasn’t laid out any policy aims in a month, feel free to hate on him for it.

Last edited:
I was talking about Pete. Pete is gaining popularity from his message and his willingness to answer tough questions.

Good quote from the recent WaPo article:

“He fields questions differently from most other candidates, leaning on numbers and context and maintaining a noteworthy willingness to answer “yes” or “no.””

Beto is clearly a cult of personality. Even more his popularity is a product of taking on probably the second most hated Republican in a state that would be a huge tipping point. Beto has to bring more to the table for a national run.

But I don’t think Beto has earned all this animosity. I wish he was running for Senate again but I think he’s getting way too much hate. If he still hasn’t laid out any policy aims in a month, feel free to hate on him for it.

Ah, I agree. I hope Pete runs for governor. It's too early for POTUS, but he's setting himself nicely in Indiana.

Next Indiana gubernatorial election is in 2022. I imagine he will run if he loses in the primary.

The length of time of this primary race and the money involved (in the whole arena) is kind of disgusting to me, in general; I just hope someone can speak in complete sentences and reduces my anxiety about nuclear holocaust and becoming a fascist state. That's the floor I have for a candidate. I don't know man. Pete Butt seems like a decent enough dude, but he is a youngster. I'm down with it. I'll do some more exploring.

I need some comfy socks just for wearing around the house and lounging on the couch. Recommendations?

My dad raves about Farm To Feet socks, and I think he wears them around the house. I think they are an NC company, too. I have a couple of pairs and they seem pretty fine as far as socks go, but I'm a slipper man at home. I'm sure they have styles that are more lounge around the house types.

https://www.farmtofeet.com/

The length of time of this primary race and the money involved (in the whole arena) is kind of disgusting to me, in general

I'm here, too. Plus, it's challenging to follow along with the gargantuan number of candidates and we're nowhere near having substantive debates.

If it's not too early to start the race, it shouldn't be too early to cull the list. People 'lost' right away in the Hunger Games, amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back