• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Lectro Busy Biting His MyPillow !

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my friend’s friends just died of pancreatic cancer at age 40. Woof.

The WWII museum in NOLA is fucking mandatory.

Agreed. As for Townie, Cochon is about a 2 block walk away. I went there with my family after Thanksgiving and it was awesome. Got the gator appetizer, jambalaya, and a short rib dish. Wife got some kind of pig that was wonderful.

Cochon, Cochon Butcher and the WWII museum are all amazing.

Wake Soccer Natty Champ game was better.

best Wake events I've attended in person:

2003 NC State home football game
2003 Indiana ACC/B10 Challenge game "Worse than Elon!"
2005 UNC home bball game
ACCCG
Orange Bowl
2007 Maryland home football game
2008 Ole Miss home football game
Belk Bowl

prob others I'm forgetting

ACCCG was pretty epic.

Triple OT win in Chapel Hill CP3's Freshman year was an awesome experience. I went with four HS buddies, only one of which was a Wake fan. We had a great day.

Best Wake sporting event was beating Kansas by 34.

My favorite Wake sporting event attended was Tyler Cavanaugh outscoring Jabari Parker in 27 minutes

Was at all these other than Indiana - all great.
Duke and UNC wins at the Joel in '09 were awesome.
Clemson/FSU Thursday night football victories in '07-'08 were probably the best atmospheres (combined with BC in '06) ever at Groves.
Soccer natty was freezing but awesome.
ACC championship game in '96 - "One more year" Duncan chants.

an all-time favorite memory for me was Wake beating FSU in the ACC Tournament in baseball in Durham in 1998

I've been going to Wake sporting events my entire life.

The top 2 are (probably in order)

1995 Basketball ACCT Finals
2006 Football vs. BC

FB: 2006 at MD to win the Atlantic
BB: 2005 win over unc at home

Thank you, Mr. Wellman.

I mean getting to have those two CP3 years as my first two years at Wake was just awesome. home games were so much fun. even when we weren't as good the next two years we still had like cool dunks from LD Williams and stuff. Plus I got the OB year my senior year, which means class of 07 had about the best 4-year stretch in Wake history. Class of 08 got the soccer natty, too.

This may be the fastest chat thread in years.

ACCCG was pretty epic.

I was there and kinda disagree. Because the stakes were bigger it's a more important win, but the whole game was a slog that we were losing 6-3 for the majority of. Then we get the two FGs in fairly quick succession to get the win late. Plus the weather was shitty and we were in Jacksonville, both negatives

My favorite was the J-Gray game to beat Duke my senior year.

it should be illegal how much paper is wasted on credit card offers through the mail, but yeah I'm sure they're gonna get right on it punishing the banks

it should be illegal how much paper is wasted on credit card offers through the mail, but yeah I'm sure they're gonna get right on it punishing the banks

Honestly the USPS should just be shut down. Anything that actually needs to be sent via post, can be UPS and Fed Ex'd. The other 99% of lettered mail should be sent electronically. Packages can be delivered privately. There is no public need for a postal system any longer.

Honestly the USPS should just be shut down. Anything that actually needs to be sent via post, can be UPS and Fed Ex'd. The other 99% of lettered mail should be sent electronically. Packages can be delivered privately. There is no public need for a postal system any longer.

I think you'd be shocked how many old/poor people don't use email.

I think you'd be shocked how many old/poor people don't use email.

Too bad. Its time.

Either that or pay $5 to send it by private service.

The mail service is a glaring inefficiency that can be easily corrected, but just like everything else comparable in our society, it won't be fixed because of the ignorance and laziness of the olds.

Keep up with the times, or get left behind granny.

i think lots of people don't like email and lots of people don't really have access to computers and/or printers.

analog has a place and the USPS has a place in society, though it should be reduced

I'm on board, but how do you make it work? Give free government sponsored internet classes to the olds? Subsidize internet for the olds/poors (this may already happen)? How long to phase it out?

Article below (a bit dated) states 60+ million Americans don't have access to/can't afford internet. That probably is also missing those who are to old/dumb to use email as a replacement for snail mail.

https://www.recode.net/2017/6/20/15839626/disparity-between-urban-rural-internet-access-major-economies

I'm on board, but how do you make it work? Give free government sponsored internet classes to the olds? Subsidize internet for the olds/poors (this may already happen)? How long to phase it out?

Article below (a bit dated) states 60+ million Americans don't have access to/can't afford internet. That probably is also missing those who are to old/dumb to use email as a replacement for snail mail.

https://www.recode.net/2017/6/20/15839626/disparity-between-urban-rural-internet-access-major-economies

I would center it around libraries or other public facilities myself. But if the government can work with private companies to provide free or reduced internet service to those need, that would be great too.

Last edited:
we can't even break the stranglehold of service provider monopolies blocking the development of high speed internet in major, rich population centers. this country is fucked when it comes to infrastructure

Too bad. Its time.

Either that or pay $5 to send it by private service.

The mail service is a glaring inefficiency that can be easily corrected, but just like everything else comparable in our society, it won't be fixed because of the ignorance and laziness of the olds.

Keep up with the times, or get left behind granny.

Whereas email is obviously more efficient than the mail, our postal system is the envy of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back