• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Lectro Busy Biting His MyPillow !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly the USPS should just be shut down. Anything that actually needs to be sent via post, can be UPS and Fed Ex'd. The other 99% of lettered mail should be sent electronically. Packages can be delivered privately. There is no public need for a postal system any longer.

Do you have any idea how much more expensive package will become to send if USPS ceases to exist? Snail mail, more accurately snail mail advertising subsidizes the costs of sending packages. This not only lowers USPS pricing but keeps UPS and FedEx prices lower. Without that be prepared for dramatic increases. These price increases will be especially great in rural areas.

Shocking news and old supports the continued use of old people things.

yeah the USPS now has this thing called Informed Delivery where you can register your address. I read an article where it said to register your address so someone else doesn't claim it on your behalf.

Reason is they send an email each day with scans of all the mail you're getting that day, so I guess a scammer could see if you have anything worth taking. But most of the shit I get is worthless credit card offers so I don't bother checking the mail but once or twice a week since we're on a rural route and our box is across the street where the USPS mandates it to be.

Too bad. Its time.

Either that or pay $5 to send it by private service.

The mail service is a glaring inefficiency that can be easily corrected, but just like everything else comparable in our society, it won't be fixed because of the ignorance and laziness of the olds.

Keep up with the times, or get left behind granny.

This is jokes, right?

Shocking news and old supports the continued use of old people things.

Don't bitch about things you don't understand. I wonder how happy you'll be when Prime isn't free delivery or other web deliveries cost $20 or $50 versus $6-10.

Don't bitch about things you don't understand. I wonder how happy you'll be when Prime isn't free delivery or other web deliveries cost $20 or $50 versus $6-10.

cool so you won’t be talking about stats anymore

Get a 3-D printer and a fax machine and you can send and receive anything.

I'd much rather pay the actual cost of something, than send the bill to the next generation.

I'm not a delusional self-absorbed baby boomer.

Also how does RJ know what the cost increases will be? There’s not much data out there so looks like he is just making up numbers again which works well with Millhouse point. From what I can find is a fedex investor claims USPS underpriced shipping by an average of 1.46 per a box. So you would think that they would use higher numbers like 20 or 30 dollars if true but it’s not. Instead more likely someone’s most exciting part of the day is walking down to his mailbox to see what has come.

can't wait for 3d printed sexts
The four hours sitting beside the printer waiting for the body parts to become visible behind the support structure will be the Gen Z equivalent of waiting for the image to load on a dial-up modem.

Also how does RJ know what the cost increases will be? There’s not much data out there so looks like he is just making up numbers again which works well with Millhouse point. From what I can find is a fedex investor claims USPS underpriced shipping by an average of 1.46 per a box. So you would think that they would use higher numbers like 20 or 30 dollars if true but it’s not. Instead more likely someone’s most exciting part of the day is walking down to his mailbox to see what has come.

Not to mention Amazon is creating an entire proprietary end-to-end logistics platform which will create a ton of competition for UPS and FedEx. And you can absolutely bet they will never do away with free shipping for Amazon Prime. It’s their gateway drug which they use to hook people on buying thousands of dollars worth of stuff annually. AND the staggering success of their cloud business means they can run as many loss leaders as they want without worrying about profit margin.

The four hours sitting beside the printer waiting for the body parts to become visible behind the support structure will be the Gen Z equivalent of waiting for the image to load on a dial-up modem.

omg I love this comp so much

download.gif

I'd much rather pay the actual cost of something, than send the bill to the next generation.

I'm not a delusional self-absorbed baby boomer.

I haven't made one of these posts personal, but you can't help yourself. Very classy...

First of all, your ignorance is right out front for all to see. The USPS doesn't not create any debt for future generations. That's simply ignorance.

The day companies don't see profit from sending USPS mailings is when the USPS will either cease to exist or be greatly repurposed. The billions upon billions businesses spend on this type of advertising shows it's still profitable to do so. This is the sustaining factor for the USPS.

Regular letters, packages and bills are affordable due to the profits from advertising even the dramatic changes due to email.

You can either continue being an ignorant douche or have a substantive discussion. This is semi-rhetorical given your history.

I haven't made one of these posts personal, but you can't help yourself. Very classy...

First of all, your ignorance is right out front for all to see. The USPS doesn't not create any debt for future generations. That's simply ignorance.

The day companies don't see profit from sending USPS mailings is when the USPS will either cease to exist or be greatly repurposed. The billions upon billions businesses spend on this type of advertising shows it's still profitable to do so. This is the sustaining factor for the USPS.

Regular letters, packages and bills are affordable due to the profits from advertising even the dramatic changes due to email.

You can either continue being an ignorant douche or have a substantive discussion. This is semi-rhetorical given your history.

https://libn.com/2018/11/14/usps-reports-loss-for-12th-straight-year/

"USPS reports loss for 12th straight year"

And its billions of dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back