• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Lectro Busy Biting His MyPillow !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as familiar, but my sense is that you would want to be west of Georgia Av. The area around 11th between Kenyon and Monroe is definitely the most attractive IMO, although that might be considered CH.

Gonna see a place near Georgia and Columbia this weekend. Not my ideal location, but nothing else came on the market this week that looked interesting enough. Think getting two offers rejected/outbid has slowed our roll a little.

20 year high school reunion coming up. Per review of the facebook, if I take the 15 of us that were in all the AP classes there might be 5 kids among the whole group. There's about 700 kids had amongst the 185 kids not in the AP classes. Donald Trump Jr. is gonna be president one day, isn't he?

Gonna see a place near Georgia and Columbia this weekend. Not my ideal location, but nothing else came on the market this week that looked interesting enough. Think getting two offers rejected/outbid has slowed our roll a little.

What’s your kids/school plan? My cousin and her husband bought a place in 2013 at 13th and Euclid sorta between U St and CH. they had a baby in 2016 and moved to Bethesda last summer while pregnant with their 2nd due to schools.

Hey District I know you warned against buying in Columbia Heights, thoughts on Park View? Can PM if you have thoughts.

I just lump Park View in with Columbia Heights and would live in either. A little farther north than that and I would probably be out though.

I have a HS friend who just posted on FB about getting a group together to buy tix to see Bush and Live. What decade is it?

I just lump Park View in with Columbia Heights and would live in either. A little farther north than that and I would probably be out though.

You might convince me to live in either. I just wouldn’t buy in either at this point.

You might convince me to live in either. I just wouldn’t buy in either at this point.

We looked at both Columbia Heights and H St / Gales St area when we were buying. I remain thankful that I happened to be getting married at a time when housing in DC wasn't crazy and we got something we'd wouldn't be able to afford now. No chance we upgrade in our neighborhood (Brookland), but it's manageable as is.

Our real estate agent just bought in Park View not that it means everything, but seems like it's still got plenty of growing to do. Even super established areas in DC hold their value, they just don't grow. 11th street still has plenty of coming up to do.

Fuck me, sometimes you can have a bad day where nothing major happens, but it's fucking death from 1,000 cuts.

Does anyone who posts here still live in the Triad? If so, what are my internet options outside of RTQ’s (RIP) corporate overlords?

(Do not Spectrum)

Yes. Most of Ardmore and Downtown has AT&T Fiber which is pretty awesome as far as internet goes (can't speak to their TV plans). Can get ridiculous 1Gb plan for $90/mo or more affordable 100Mb plan for like $50. Getting them to recognize my new construction as being available to hook up has been a fucking battle (despite neighbors on 3 sides having it), but one day I will win and finally be able to make the switch and I can't wait.

Compare that to Spectrum with their max 100Mb plan at like $70-80.. not even sure what I pay for internet exactly but it all keeps going up.

Free Solo was better than any other film up for best picture

DC area folks should check out the Glenstone out in Potomac. An art museum set on 180 acres of nature trails. Outstanding post war collection, beautiful setting. Highly recommend. Just reopened to the public in October after 5 years under construction.

Does anyone who posts here still live in the Triad? If so, what are my internet options outside of RTQ’s (RIP) corporate overlords?

(Do not Spectrum)

Hopefully Northstate. They’re pretty great.

Also, to address other topics, I just bought a Subaru Crosstrek and I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back