• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Lectro Busy Biting His MyPillow !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there’s a thread for this, and with the situation in Ethiopia it is minor, but holy fuck my flight situation today has been a disaster.

On the plus side I am now at the boarding gate seated with a million Dominicans including a Dominican Delino Deshields lookalike.

And I’m home at 1:30 after waiting over an hour to get my bag at RDU and then 15 more minutes for my mom because she went to the departures then took a wrong turn trying to get to the arrivals. She has also somehow fucked up my car after borrowing it for the weekend and I have to wake up in five hours because I’m one of three people at the library tomorrow.

I know there’s a thread for this, and with the situation in Ethiopia it is minor, but holy fuck my flight situation today has been a disaster.

I hear you, man.

Last week, my Wednesday night flight out of GSO was delayed (in advance) enough time that I knew I'd miss my connection. I called up United and they put me on an earlier, but also delayed flight that should've worked out. But of course, there was a mechanical issue that led to a separate, additional delay and I wasn't going to stick it out just to spend the night in beautiful Newark, NJ. So I went back home and took the 6am flight the next morning.

Everything was going dandy until we landed in NJ and had to sit on the tarmac for an hour because there was no gate available to accept our plane. So I missed my new connection. Had to be re-book again but at least it was morning and there were lots of options. I'm just glad I wasn't traveling with my kids.

Oof, that sounds worse than mine, which was mainly just annoying and long, but I didn't go and then leave the airport and it was a direct flight. But I got delayed three hours, then NOPE, actually just one hour, SIKE, back to three hours, oh wait, just two now, then we had no pilots, so it ended up being four hours. Something like that.

We did plane and deplane due to a mechanical issues, though, for another delay, and I had the most annoying seat mate, who was first accosting the flight attendants for what time we would land, and then kept asking me what time he should tell his wife to pick him up, then kept cracking jokes about calling Microsoft Help and putting in quarters to get the plane running, and when I wasn't sufficiently amused, decided to try his material across the aisle. Then was tap dancing and elbowing me throughout the flight, then applauded for a full 30 seconds once it landed. I don't even think he was drunk.

Last edited:
We also had one of those "if you are a medical professional and have your ID/Qualifications please ring the call button to assist a passenger" and I was convinced we were going to have to reroute and land, but that turned out ok, I guess.

We also had one of those "if you are a medical professional and have your ID/Qualifications please ring the call button to assist a passenger" and I was convinced we were going to have to reroute and land, but that turned out ok, I guess.

had that happen once on the way from Dulles to Madrid, had to redirect to JFK for a few hours. dude didn't want to get off the plane, saying he felt fine. bro, if you caused us to do this you better believe you're getting off.

My sister was on a plane from Philly to London (or something like that) after a million delays/cancellations/reschedules, and when they thought they were finally in the clear some woman who was hammered on wine and Ambien started to freak the fuck out and assault passengers. Plane was over Greenland and had to fully turn around after they subdued her, and return to the states. That would have been a disaster.

Edit- that is some terrible syntax.

My sister was on a plane from Philly to London (or something like that) after a million delays/cancellations/reschedules, and when they thought they were finally in the clear some woman who was hammered on wine and Ambien started to freak the fuck out and assault passengers. Plane was over Greenland and had to fully turn around after they subdued her, and return to the states. That would have been a disaster.

Edit- that is some terrible syntax.

that lady was a partner at Nelson Mullins. Now has started her own immigration law firm - presumably only works from inside the US since I can't imagine she's allowed on a plane.

https://abovethelaw.com/2016/01/for...ight-diversion-charged-with-airplane-assault/

A co-worker was just on a LAX-Tokyo flight that both a medical emergency and a woman yelling about Trump, roaming the aisles, and refusing to sit down. I guess neither of them was serious enough to turn around or land early.

I don't think there is a better single-place slice of America than the airport

This morning I listened to a On Point podcast from last week on the dramatic cost in the rise of the cost of insulin and it put me into a rage. I had to stop listening and switch to PMT so I wouldn't be in horrible mood when I got to school. Its shocking and appalling that our country is fine with this happening.

I wouldn't shed a tear if some V for Vendetta like character emerged and slaughter the executives/owners of the Pharma and Insurance companies involved. They're not human.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back