• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

That is pretty offensive. Not a good look.

Even if he didn't mean it to be offensive, it's really dumb dad humor. Like it's so dumb that most fan bases wouldn't want to be stuck with it.

Meh, that's definitely the very same joke I would have made. Pretty weird for the coach to be the one making the joke though. But I don't think it's super offensive unless there's context I'm missing.

Even if he didn't mean it to be offensive, it's really dumb dad humor. Like it's so dumb that most fan bases wouldn't want to be stuck with it.

First thing I thought of was Mitch "Blood" Green calling Don King "Don Queen" back in the day. And Mitch Green wasn't exactly known for his intellect.

He seems so proud of himself that he thought of something so clever. Woof, that's embarrassing.

I believe Mark Pope was an assistant at Wake for a few years.

Sounds like Cal wants Kidd, but he might want to stick around and see if the Lakers job is open.

Maybe Kidd can go back to Cal and run down some more students on the sidewalk or teach a course in wife-beating, Kidd would fit in well in the NFL.

Sounds like Cal wants Kidd, but he might want to stick around and see if the Lakers job is open.

So will this possibility extend the college coaching carousel spin time to the end of the NBA season?

Updates:

Steve Prohm was rumored to be a Bama (he went there) target, and he apparently used that interest to sign an extension with Iowa State through 2025.

BYU Coach Dave Rose is retiring.

Candidates for the Bama opening include Gregg Marshall and John Pelphrey (he was an assistant there).

Last edited:
Remember Bama offered Marshall $4.0MM/yr that he turned down before they hired Johnson. I wonder if he will be more willing to listen this time around.

Back