• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Sounds like Cal wants Kidd, but he might want to stick around and see if the Lakers job is open.

Is he not allowed to coach there without his degree? I saw a tweet from one of the college b-ball guys said it’s unlikely as he is still very far from graduating.

Wtf Russell turner? That’s a cardinal rule of coaching, you talk to your own players and the refs but never talk to the opposing teams players during the game and certainly not to taunt them. It’s what dean smith did once against Clemson and rick Barnes was ready to fight him over it

Sucks to watch the carousel go around while we're stuck bouncing around on one of these things:

s-l1000.jpg

Nebraska officially fires Tim Miles. 7 years and 1 NCAA appearance. The Huskers looked like a lock for their 2nd Tourney appearance under Miles when they lost starter and 2nd leading scorer Isaac Copeland to injury in late January. They then lost starting guard Thomas Allen and two other players to injuries in February.

Fred Hoiberg rumored to be in the mix to succeed Miles.

So the basketball powerhouses of Nebraska and Alabama are getting Hoiberg and Marshall, and we're stuck with pizza parties at Danny's.

Wtf Russell turner? That’s a cardinal rule of coaching, you talk to your own players and the refs but never talk to the opposing teams players during the game and certainly not to taunt them. It’s what dean smith did once against Clemson and rick Barnes was ready to fight him over it

I remember that incident quite well. It happened about 25 years ago, right? Dean Smith called out Clemson's Iker Iturbe (sp?) and Rick Barnes, who at that time was young and relatively unknown, went absolutely ballistic and got face to face with The Nose. I developed a lot of respect for Barnes for that. Legend or not, he wasn't going to put up with Deano's shit.

didn't K do that to some Oregon player who hit a 3 at the end against his team?

I remember that incident quite well. It happened about 25 years ago, right? Dean Smith called out Clemson's Iker Iturbe (sp?) and Rick Barnes, who at that time was young and relatively unknown, went absolutely ballistic and got face to face with The Nose. I developed a lot of respect for Barnes for that. Legend or not, he wasn't going to put up with Deano's shit.

Years ago someone held a door for us as we entered an Austin restaurant. As I said thank you I noticed it was Rick Barnes and before I knew it I added, and thank you for getting in Dean’s face. He laughed and my wife was completely lost.

Would have been a great year to make a hire. Ugh.

Meh, that's definitely the very same joke I would have made. Pretty weird for the coach to be the one making the joke though. But I don't think it's super offensive unless there's context I'm missing.

Meh? That is not a joke. His stated purpose was to hurt him enough to get him off his game.

You realize the insult is "you are less than a man. You are a woman." You get that right?

Frankly the judgment that it takes for an educator to say that is... severely lacking. If I'm the ad his apology is not enough.

Back