• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Mike Anderson got 8 years in Fayettville and had a .625 win percentage. He went to 3 NCAA's and is 1 of only 4 coaches (Few,Izzo, Williams) with at least 15 years of service to have never had a losing season (UAB, Missouri, and Ark.).

I am not that big of a fan of Williams but I give props to Arkansas for not accepting mediocrity and doing something about it.

Meh? That is not a joke. His stated purpose was to hurt him enough to get him off his game.

You realize the insult is "you are less than a man. You are a woman." You get that right?

Frankly the judgment that it takes for an educator to say that is... severely lacking. If I'm the ad his apology is not enough.

educator lol

Mike Anderson got 8 years in Fayettville and had a .625 win percentage. He went to 3 NCAA's and is 1 of only 4 coaches (Few,Izzo, Williams) with at least 15 years of service to have never had a losing season (UAB, Missouri, and Ark.).

I am not that big of a fan of Williams but I give props to Arkansas for not accepting mediocrity and doing something about it.

Technically, firing him doesn't necessarily mean they have "done something about it." The second part of that equation is hiring someone that actually gets better results, and that is no guarantee. [name redacted] produced poor results for Wake b-ball, but Wellman has been incapable of doing anything to change those results.

Current rumors:

Vandy is trying to hire Johnny Dawkins away from UCF; UCF has offered to renegotiate his contract.

Bama is going hard after Texas Tech HC Chris Beard. Texas Tech is trying to sweeten the pot in Lubbock to get him to stay.

Also, Mercer hired top Purdue assistant Greg Gary as HC.

Current rumors:

Vandy is trying to hire Johnny Dawkins away from UCF; UCF has offered to renegotiate his contract.

Bama is going hard after Texas Tech HC Chris Beard. Texas Tech is trying to sweeten the pot in Lubbock to get him to stay.

Also, Mercer hired top Purdue assistant Greg Gary as HC.

If Chill really wants to coach, he needs to be on the 2020 carousel. Brandon graduates. Randolph should go for a low/mid major HC spot.

If Chill really wants to coach, he needs to be on the 2020 carousel. Brandon graduates. Randolph should go for a low/mid major HC spot.

Being an assistant at Wake is not exactly a resume builder these days.

Why would anyone want to hire Childress? No programs are trying to poach any of our basketball coaches. Plus Childress has great job security for several years with Manning’s insurmountable buyout.

Elon offered its job to Radford coach Mike Jones. Jones, then used Elon's offer, to negotiate a raise and extension, through 2025, at Radford.

Arkansas has Kelvin Sampson on its short list.

Why would anyone want to hire Childress? No programs are trying to poach any of our basketball coaches. Plus Childress has great job security for several years with Manning’s insurmountable buyout.

Folks are dying to get one of our assistants to leave

Jones was thought to be in the mix at App State as well. The door swings open wider for Bobby Lutz, who actually makes a lot of sense for Yosef.

Bill Evans (71-141) has contract not renewed by Idaho State after seven years.

Dave Rose "stepping down" as BYU Head Basketball Coach after 14 seasons and 13 straight post season tournament appearances. Record of 348-135.

Was done posting for a while, but had to share...

Oats to Alabama

Fucking A.... good job Ron. All that bullshit about his extension and love for Buffalo. His team lost 3 days ago. You tell me Wake couldn't have worked those back channels and have bagged him today. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he is legit and will have them rolling in no time.

Back