• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Unc women's coach placed on leave due to fallout from African American studies fallout.

hqdefault.jpg

Wow. Good for him. Stack and Sheed both coaching.

I'd rather make 8 million a year and live in Beverly Hills than make 9 million a year and live in Lexington KY.

IDK. Nine million in Lexington is probably the equivalent of 5 million in LA (factoring in the cost of living).

My friend have a house for sale in Lexington...12,000 square feet...lots of marble...an acre...min-theater...only $2M.

UCLA fans gotta be nearing our level of anger. Nebraska got a way better coach than they're gon get.
Maybe I'll go over to their board to commiserate

UCLA fans gotta be nearing our level of anger. Nebraska got a way better coach than they're gon get.
Maybe I'll go over to their board to commiserate
Do most UCLA students / alumni care about sports though? I think that's kinda their problem.

LA sucks.

Strong rumors that Wojo is going to Virginia Tech

He must not like his chances at Duke.

Stack to Vandy could be setting him up to replace Roy.

As to those who know nothing about UCLA making statements about them that's rich. If UCLA doesn't care about sports how come they sell out the Rose Bowl? They even sell 10,000 for basketball in a bad year. Could it be that there is a lot to do in LA? If you leave the village to the south, it's about ten miles to Santa Monica/Venice beach. If you go out of the northern street, it's about the same distance to Malibu. That's not to mention all the stuff to do in Westwood or nearby.

What am I thinking? There's so much more for college kids to do in W-S or Chapel Hill than in and around Westwood.

Wojo is on the hot seat. If he goes to VT (which btw is not open) it’s because he is worried he will he fired next year

Wojo is on the hot seat. If he goes to VT (which btw is not open) it’s because he is worried he will he fired next year

It may not officially be open yet, but the Tech board mostly appears to be of the belief that Buzz is headed to College Station. Is Wojo really in danger of getting fired next year? Marquette finished 2nd to Nova in the BE this past year. If he's not in danger in Milwaukee and he were to opt to go to VT, I think it would say a lot about the fall of the BE as a power conference. Outside of Nova, the BE has had a lot of mediocrity the last few years.

As to those who know nothing about UCLA making statements about them that's rich. If UCLA doesn't care about sports how come they sell out the Rose Bowl? They even sell 10,000 for basketball in a bad year. Could it be that there is a lot to do in LA? If you leave the village to the south, it's about ten miles to Santa Monica/Venice beach. If you go out of the northern street, it's about the same distance to Malibu. That's not to mention all the stuff to do in Westwood or nearby.

What am I thinking? There's so much more for college kids to do in W-S or Chapel Hill than in and around Westwood.

No one cares what RJ is thinking as he lives in his own fictional world. A fine place for him, except he claims others don't honor the facts.

UCLA "selling out the Rose Bowl" couldn't be farther from the truth.

The Rose Bowl, where UCLA plays its home games, has a capacity of 92,542, but has hosted more for Super Bowls (103K) and Rose Bowl/BCS playoff games (94K).

UCLA averaged 51,000 for its 7 home games, including 38,391 to close the season. Even under his warped version of "facts" 55% of capacity is not "selling out the Rose Bowl"; it's leaving the Rose Bowl half vacant.

Further, looking at UCLA's past schedules it appears that UCLA has not "sold out" a game at the Rose Bowl for at least the last 10 years. That is more than 60 home games. Is that "selling out" the Rose Bowl?

Here is a quote from UCLA assistant AD from this past Fall:

“It is true that attendance for UCLA football at the Rose Bowl has been declining, a trend not unique to UCLA, as many other colleges are witnessing a similar decline,” Josh Rebholz, UCLA’s senior associate athletic director, said Saturday.

UCLA home attendance in football has been so poor that it has been the subject of media coverage:https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-football-20181027-story.html
https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2018/10/29/Colleges/UCLA.aspx

Also, Pauley Pavilion seats 12,829. They played 19 home games this past year. They sold out one - Notre Dame. They had less 10,000 attend 16 of their 19 home games...

you can do those other things mostly year-round. UCLA only has a handful of home football games and a few more home bball games than that each year.

Back