• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

George Washington fired their basketball head coach and staff today. They had a good assistant coach there, Hajj Turner, who would be a good assistant coach to add to a new staff.

I wish we could sniff the second round.

Childress will be lucky to sniff any D-1 coaching staff after his tenure at Wake. Shit, I would be surprised to see him get a decent HS head coaching job at this point.

I think their experience with Jason Capel may have soured the fanbase on assistant coaches with big names but no HC experience. May be a good fit for Jeff Battle, however.

Childress will be lucky to sniff any D-1 coaching staff after his tenure at Wake. Shit, I would be surprised to see him get a decent HS head coaching job at this point.

come on man...we can certainly argue that our coaching staff is not Power-5 capable but this is pretty harsh. Rasheed Wallace just got the head coaching job at Durham Jordan for god's sake.

No surprise, but:

Texas A&M officially fired Billy Kennedy. Buzz Williams the favorite to take that job.

UNLV fired Marvin Menzies. Haven’t seen commentary on who they’ll hire, but I imagine the 3 most likely options are Cronin, Matta, or Pitino.

Too bad our lame duck, "I am in charge " AD doesn't have guts to end the shit show that is Wake Forest ba6

Too bad our lame duck, "I am in charge " AD doesn't have guts to end the shit show that is Wake Forest ba6

Get out of town Bud! To a hospital. You might be having a stroke.

Bill Self might flee the coming KU issues for the Chi Bulls. And as RJ rightly said in the other thread, this opens up a head coaching gig for a firmer Jayhawk like... Danny Manning!

Back