• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

I look forward to all of the shots of Howard on the sidelines with the banners attributed to his class hanging in the rafters behind him.

Oh...wait...

This could very well be Matt Doherty: The Sequel.

Juwan Howard has offered Phil Martellli to join his staff.

Shaka adds Luke Yaklich as an assistant coach at Texas. I expect them to be a lot better next season.

Yeah, I expect Texas to be a Top 10 team next year... Shaka has had a run of mostly bad luck, imo.

Firing him (or shipping him elsewhere) would have been silly.

That was last season. Howard is starting his first season. The only guy with head coaching experience on that staff (aside from Manning) was Ballard, two years at NAIA. By the time Ernie here, we were already cooked.

Rex Walters. Just added him a few weeks ago. Coached University of San Francisco from 2008-16.

This year, Manning hired Rex Walters who was a college head coach for 10 years (at FAU and San Francisco) and was an assistant in the NBA (with the Pistons). Based upon his resume, it appears that the Walters hire was a good one, just too late.

I was suggesting Danny might have benefited from having an experienced former head coach on his bench from DAY ONE of his tenure at Wake. Juwan Howard apparently figured out this concept at Michigan.

Hiring Rex Walters in year sux is too little, too late.

I was suggesting Danny might have benefited from having an experienced former head coach on his bench from DAY ONE of his tenure at Wake. Juwan Howard apparently figured out this concept at Michigan.

Hiring Rex Walters in year sux is too little, too late.

One of Wellman's less mentioned failures was not guiding Manning to put together a power conference grade staff.

A coach hired to a power conference shouldn’t have to be guided to hire a power conference staff.

Back