• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

St. Joseph's - 89
Wake Forest - 69

And Martelli is the one that gets shown the door.

Wow. Even a small catholic basketball school knows when to part ways with a potential hall of fame coach before we can pull the trigger on the worst coach in program and ACC history.

Except he's not even the worst coach in the program in the last 10 years, which is the crazy part.

In his 23 seasons at Joe’s, Martelli had 8 losing seasons, 3 of those being 20 loss seasons. He had 9 seasons with 20+ wins, including 28 and 30 win seasons. 7-7 in the NCAAT and a 1 seed in 2004.

After 5 seasons at Wake, Manning has matched Phil’s amount of 20 loss seasons. Is halfway to his total number of losing seasons, and has yet to post a 20 win season.

One man was fired today. One wasn’t.

Jim Christian... IN at BC.

One less team to compete with for Nate Oats.

Of course, that assumes we have a vacancy to fill.

Martelli has been an assistant or head coach at St. Joe for the last 34 years (HC for the last 24 years). That said, Martelli had struggled of late. Two NCAA bids since the 2007-2008. One NCAA tourney win since 2005.

ESPN not happy about the way he was fired. I guess a 3 paragraph release, I'm assuming one for each completed decade of service to the school?

Not that it is needed, but the outpouring of love for Martelli should be cover for us to dump Manning today with a nice little press conference talking about how he really tried his best and did things the right way... But, aw shucks, it just didn't work out.

Not that it is needed, but the outpouring of love for Martelli should be cover for us to dump Manning today with a nice little press conference talking about how he really tried his best and did things the right way... But, aw shucks, it just didn't work out.

You see, there are reasons why Martelli gets that reaction from the national media. None of these apply to Danny Manning. I think we could literally fly him to Siberia on a “recruiting trip”, kick him out of the plane, and the most we would get was a blurb across the bottom line.

St. Joe's AD "I didn't feel like we were giving the student-athetes and optimal chance to succeed'

Maybe we should have hired her as AD. Of course she waited a year to do it. Of course Martelli did win some games across his career.

SHAKE to VT rumors are heating up. Hatch trying to FUCK SHAKA again. FIRE MANNNING TODAY! SHAKA! SHAKA! SHAKA!

Richmond announced that Chris Mooney will return for a 15th season.

ESPN not happy about the way he was fired. I guess a 3 paragraph release, I'm assuming one for each completed decade of service to the school?

Also ripped by the Athletic, Philly sports radio this morning...you get the idea.

Even Elon fired their coach

Everyone is taking action except fucking wake

Matheny had been Elon's coach for 10 years. Seems like a logical place for ACC Assistant with aspirations.

FWIW, Matheny had an 8-2 head to head record with Wes Miller. One of Wes' wins was this year by a point.

“I’ve never commented on jobs,” Williams told reporters this week at the ACC Tournament. “I don’t think that’s appropriate by our kids … I can’t control what people say. I’ve got to make sure I’m doing my best with these guys.”

Exact opposite of manning. "You have to make shots."

UNLV said to be interested in Frank Martin. Ole Frank and the Cocks didn't even make the NIT so it ought to be easy to chat with him now.
Ole Frank and the Cocks sounds like a fantastic 1970's punk band.

Back